Bringing Python Skin Shoes through customs!

layd3k

O.G.
Jun 1, 2010
I really hope someone can help! I have wanted a pair of python lanvins for ages but my size always sells out, and on the US NAP it will not ship to Canada due to shipping restrictions. If I buy from the EU site I would just bring them to Canada via plane and most likely wear them while in Europe to make them look used.

I know this seems like a silly question but do you think they would stop me? I understand that it is an animal product and that on the Canadian Customs website it says you MUST ALWAYS declare such goods, but so is any leather product right? So I guess my overall point is, if I wear them throughout Europe and on the plane, will anyone stop me at the Canadian customs declaration? Like someone or a dog watching as I walk towards customs and is it totally illegal to bring these kinds of goods into Canada? I really hope someone can help and I love these shoes so much and Europe is my only chance of getting them! TIA!!

I doubt they'll inspect your foot with all the people queuing up to exit baggage claim and customs - they're more concerned with what's in the bags. Just wear long-ish pants or long skirt.

I doubt they'll inspect your foot with all the people queuing up to exit baggage claim and customs - they're more concerned with what's in the bags. Just wear long-ish pants or long skirt.

ITA. I've never had a problem w/ customs coming back to the US, and when I went through customs in Canada last summer, flying back from Europe and then going to the US, they only cared about what I wrote on my card, they couldn't have cared less about what I was actually wearing. I'd use them in Europe & wear them on your way back. If by chance you get stopped, I don't think they'll ask to see your shoes, which is where the brand name would be (inside/on the bottom of the shoe) so I think you'll be ok. Good luck!

I had to take off my cowboy boots and walk through the scanner in my socks in L.A. last time I flew in. I had to put my boots on the conveyer belt thing and let them go through seperately. They looked inside them and knocked the heels against the table!

I had to take off my cowboy boots and walk through the scanner in my socks in L.A. last time I flew in. I had to put my boots on the conveyer belt thing and let them go through seperately. They looked inside them and knocked the heels against the table!

Oh wow!! That sounds a bit OTT...but of course "you never know."

I so wish I could get them and not worry about customs! I will have to think about it, but thanks for all the support/enabling guys! ;)

I've worn python shoes back to Calif where they are illegal and had no trouble at all. I did dump the box and receipt before flying home to be less obvious. Good luck!