Bringing my NeverFull to the beach?

shannonrenee

Mar 4, 2014
I'm bringing my MM Monogram NeverFull to the beach today, I'm kinda nervous about it but can't leave it home because I'm on vaca and don't want to leave it in the car. What's your thoughts on that? Have you girls ever brought yours to the beach? :smile:

I bring my mono Neverfull everywhere! I think it should be just fine on the beach, I would just try not to get water on the vachetta. That's the only issue I can think of, sand is easy to brush off.

I would bring a plastic bag to put it in to protect it from water and keep it under a beach umbrella out of the sun. I always worry about the canvas getting too hot.

When I was new to LV (about 2 years ago) I thought it was crazy when I heard about people using their NFs at the beach or pool. My Neo NF GM just spent our Hawaiian vacation on the beach and by the pool. I kept it away from the water, but since I want it to develop patina (so I can worry about the pale vachetta less) I made sure it got sun. :smile:

Sure!!! This bag is my favorite for beach vacations!!! And yes, this bag has been out on the beach as well as the resort pool. Then later, for the late afternoon walk and shopping, it makes a great tote to carry everything! :smile:

IMG_0082_zpsd4662f81.jpg

I have in the past, but not anymore!
Beach is too messy for me (lol), sand, water, lotion, snacks and juice.....
We live in Florida and my business is one block from the beach but I never used to actually go to the beach until this summer.
Now we even go there after kids get out of school - last few times we went, we even got rained on and we had to hurry and pack it up!
Most of the times we end up with kids friends and last few times there were over 15 kids and their parents....and kids were digging and looking for snaks and drinks. Yep, with wet sandy hands. LOL
I do carry my huge marc jacobs tote...it was new before summer now it's already beat up from beach and pool trips. :biggrin:

This summer I took my NF to the beach but not to the pool. My neighborhood pool has a concrete deck & didn't want to scratch the canvas. I've never had trouble w/my NF on sand. Go for it!

My Hampstead went to Oman.

And my NF went to Mauritius.

My attitude is that if I can't afford to risk them by actually using them, then I can't afford to have them.

Attachments

• DSC01088%20(2).jpg
    DSC01088%20(2).jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 530
  • 2013-05-20_05-29-00_560.jpg
    2013-05-20_05-29-00_560.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 512