Bringing Back the Botkier

katayoun

O.G.
Feb 1, 2013
I recently purchased two new Botkier bags: the Chelsea clutch in rose gold, and the large Trigger in black. I am actually pretty excited about both. Does anyone even carry the Trigger anymore?

I still carry my old-school Triggers! I have two, one in black from around 2009, and another in Ash (grey) from the redesign in 2011 (with zipper tabs instead of tassels, and the double-zip teeth detailing). Still fantastic bags to carry, and unparalleled in the amount of stuff I'm able to cram inside for its size...

(Sorry, using old stock pics as I don't have any pics of the bags handy!)

Congrats on your new purchases!

Botkier Trigger in Black - 20468-ProductInfoSize-Still.jpgBotkier Trigger (Fall 2011) in Ash - trigger-med-satch-ash.jpg

I am expecting a wine colored Sasha duffle in a few days (Christmas present), I can't wait. I love my old Botkiers. They still look new.

I just got this older Trigger....thinking about either removing the long tassels on the front zip pockets or trimming them shorter....any opinion on that?
View attachment 4368908
Great bag! If it were me, I'd either try straightening the fringe (maybe by covering the fringe with a towel and using a warm iron) or trimming off the wavy last third or so of the fringe. Let us know what you decide!

Great bag! If it were me, I'd either try straightening the fringe (maybe by covering the fringe with a towel and using a warm iron) or trimming off the wavy last third or so of the fringe. Let us know what you decide!
I honestly wasn't bothered by the wavy bit...but I was thinking maybe that fringe dated the bag. the newer ones they made had either none or shorter. but I wanted an older one for the leather
If I take it off I an always put it back on. but if I cut it, I can't undo that
Thanks much for weighing in :smile:

did you have an old one? I don't know what vintage this was....lining is black with botkier logo in black all over.....