Bringing back a bag with a problem

MokeyLV

O.G.
Mar 6, 2013
A few days ago, I brought in my DE Delightful for the dreaded top trim cracking issue. I got the bag for Christmas, used it a few weeks total. The SA took pictures and said she'll send them in to be evaluated by quality control. It sounded like she expected them to replace the trim, free of charge. While this is nice, I'm not sure I want this bag anymore. I told her my concerns that this might just happen again to the trim, and she said they would then replace it again for me. I'm still waiting to hear back from her, but if she says they'll replace the trim, can I just say I don't want this bag again? Do I have the right to not want a bag that has issues just a few weeks in of wearing it? Or am I being an annoying customer?
IMG_1487875806.716979.jpg

A few days ago, I brought in my DE Delightful for the dreaded top trim cracking issue. I got the bag for Christmas, used it a few weeks total. The SA took pictures and said she'll send them in to be evaluated by quality control. It sounded like she expected them to replace the trim, free of charge. While this is nice, I'm not sure I want this bag anymore. I told her my concerns that this might just happen again to the trim, and she said they would then replace it again for me. I'm still waiting to hear back from her, but if she says they'll replace the trim, can I just say I don't want this bag again? Do I have the right to not want a bag that has issues just a few weeks in of wearing it? Or am I being an annoying customer?
View attachment 3614426
You can tell the SA that you would prefer to exchange for another model. The worst thing that could happen is that the store says "no."

A lot of customers are "annoying" and they don't know it. The very fact that you are concerned about being annoying proves that you are polite and considerate. Don't worry and just ask for what you really want. You might just get it!

You can tell the SA that you would prefer to exchange for another model. The worst thing that could happen is that the store says "no."

A lot of customers are "annoying" and they don't know it. The very fact that you are concerned about being annoying proves that you are polite and considerate. Don't worry and just ask for what you really want. You might just get it!

Thanks. Just didn't want to seem unreasonable.

Reactions: fabuleux
Thanks. Just didn't want to seem unreasonable.
It also helps, when making your request, to be calm and logically explain why you want an exchange. Even if LV only agrees to a repair it still sets the stage next time you come into the store; nasty customers stick in the SA's mind but the good ones stick out even more.

View attachment 3614426

I don't think your being annoying at all. This has caused your antennas to raise up, so to speak. I don't blame you for wanting to move away from a particular style of bag especially if this is only a few weeks of wear. You have every right to want something different after this. Hopefully everything works out.

It also helps, when making your request, to be calm and logically explain why you want an exchange. Even if LV only agrees to a repair it still sets the stage next time you come into the store; nasty customers stick in the SA's mind but the good ones stick out even more.
Great advice! Thanks.

I don't think your being annoying at all. This has caused your antennas to raise up, so to speak. I don't blame you for wanting to move away from a particular style of bag especially if this is only a few weeks of wear. You have every right to want something different after this. Hopefully everything works out.
Thanks for your kind words! I'm cautiously optimistic.

Treat the SA's the way you would want to be treated if the tables were turned.....be nice and respectful and make sure they know what your hopes and expectations are for a purchase of this amount.
I can't see any SA not bending over backwards to want to help a nice customer......as Miss Krys stated correctly it's the nasty ones with an attitude who don't get the desired outcome (and they wonder why!).