#BringBacktheMAB/MAM

I really like Cadillac leather cleaner/conditioner wipes. Check Nordstroms. I am not a fanatic about leather treatment. I have had bags for eons that I have done nothing with and they still look beautiful. Hell, what did cows do. My only one I have treated is my old beautiful Coach chocolate brown drawstring bucket. I bought that bag new when a Coach still had soft glove leather and great quality. I will never give it up. The only thing I believe in is storing in dusters. I also do not stuff my bags, unless they are structured. My MAMs are meant to be floppy and are stored flat in their dusters. Bags are meant to be worn - the more expensive, the harder I wear them. Why pay tons of money for something you are afraid or use. I laugh at how so many of these women baby these bags. My stonewashed MAM will be cleaned professionally. The black one I will conditon myself st some point. For now both are beautiful condition. I cannot wait till see your MAB. How exciting.
I think you're right about the leather. I'm nervous to treat it though, I've been reading the reviews apple the Apple leather and leather honey.

I currently own the leather conditioner by Coach, so I may treat a small piece under the front flap and see if it gives it a little luster.

I purchased a black MAB with a blue zipper track. It kind of looks like your MAM. [emoji4] mine has the black and white dash lining with gold hw. It's coming from Seattle and I'm Tampa, the anticipation is killing me.

With my MAM I thought it was a MAB, I trusted the seller and didn't do my research. Having them measure the purse is probably the safest bet from now lol. Photos can be deceptive sometimes.

Gorgeous!!!!!!

Thank you!! I'm over the moon. I'm so happy I found a black one. I now need purple, blue and red [emoji51][emoji6][emoji6][emoji846][emoji846][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882].

Seriously, I don't understand why she doesn't make these purses anymore. This bag is perfect and looks so classy. I can't wait to take her out for a spin [emoji4].

Thank you!! I'm over the moon. I'm so happy I found a black one. I now need purple, blue and red [emoji51][emoji6][emoji6][emoji846][emoji846][emoji882][emoji882][emoji882].

Seriously, I don't understand why she doesn't make these purses anymore. This bag is perfect and looks so classy. I can't wait to take her out for a spin [emoji4].

I first started following her when she was still making samples of these MAM/MAB bags, lol. I use to go to her LA Sample Sales all the time back in.. oh man, when was it.. 2008.. or 2009.. it's been awhile. I've been out of the RM game for a while so I had no idea they were discontinued. I wonder why.. why get rid of the bag that started it all?! Hard to believe they're not selling... the MAM/MAB bags are seriously one of the bests. I'm 5'1 and I LOVE my MAB, it holds EVERYTHING!

Reactions: ms p
Thank you!! I've used her every day [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️ I've already received so many compliments!! I even ran into another Minkette!! I couldn't believe it.
I just about fainted with I recently saw a girl in line with a black MAM/MAB at Starbucks. I wanted to hug her. LOL. She is only the second woman I have seen in downtown LA with an old school MAM/MAB. Wear her proudly.

it's been a long while since i've logged back on to tPF and this thread is the reason why i'm back on ;-P
the bag that started my handbag obsession is and will forever be Rebecca MInkoff's MAM in black with black basketweave.
i don't know the reason why she stopped making her signature bags but I miss the old school designs dearly. The MA's, the Nikki and the Matinee...
the newer designs don't really do anything for me. I don't really have the same excitement for her bags as i use to.

Reactions: ms p and nazaluke