Bring Tano back to life

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello Ladies,
    Long time since I have been here. I bought 2 Tano's a few years ago and did not treat them because I thought I liked the look of distressed. One of them is a rasperry colored bag with black trim and it now looks terrible. Is there any way to bring it back to life?:sad::sad::sad:

2. You can try lexol, a leather conditioner to help restore it however, I found it is just temporary.

3. I would be wary of Lexol...I ised it and basically it made my bad worse in the areas I wanted help. Somewhere here there is a thread on moisturizing bags...some folks used just plain old lotion etc...let me see if I can find it!

4. Those threads are a good idea to read up on, I agree. I was going to also suggest a conditioner as well, and perhaps a good cleaning prior to that to remove any dirt it could have.

5. I took my daughter's distressed Tano to my cobbler--his wife dyes them (takes about a month) and they have that lovely bright saturated color the newer ones have. Mine (well, ours, I guess) will look like cobalt.

6. I brought some old worn leather purses to a professional leather smith and she (yeah I actually found a female leather smith) treated my bag with an organic infusion of wax and oils. My bag was shiny and new looking :biggrin:

7. Try the Tandy Eco-Flo Super Shene
    I wish I had known about this before I sold my Tano Gerard in Cobalt. :sad:
    I only got to use it on my Chanel flap... for the Chanel, it was much too shiny, but I could see how Tano bags original with the sheen could really benefit from it. You don't need to saturate the leather, just enough for a thin coat. Once dried, you buff it to a high sheen.

8. interesting info!

9. Thanks for the link to this store, wow so much helpful information about leather. I sent away for their catalog.