Bring Tano back to life

susanpom

O.G.
Apr 12, 2008
Hello Ladies,
Long time since I have been here. I bought 2 Tano's a few years ago and did not treat them because I thought I liked the look of distressed. One of them is a rasperry colored bag with black trim and it now looks terrible. Is there any way to bring it back to life?:sad::sad::sad:

I would be wary of Lexol...I ised it and basically it made my bad worse in the areas I wanted help. Somewhere here there is a thread on moisturizing bags...some folks used just plain old lotion etc...let me see if I can find it!

Those threads are a good idea to read up on, I agree. I was going to also suggest a conditioner as well, and perhaps a good cleaning prior to that to remove any dirt it could have.

I took my daughter's distressed Tano to my cobbler--his wife dyes them (takes about a month) and they have that lovely bright saturated color the newer ones have. Mine (well, ours, I guess) will look like cobalt.

I brought some old worn leather purses to a professional leather smith and she (yeah I actually found a female leather smith) treated my bag with an organic infusion of wax and oils. My bag was shiny and new looking :biggrin:

Try the Tandy Eco-Flo Super Shene
I wish I had known about this before I sold my Tano Gerard in Cobalt. :sad:
I only got to use it on my Chanel flap... for the Chanel, it was much too shiny, but I could see how Tano bags original with the sheen could really benefit from it. You don't need to saturate the leather, just enough for a thin coat. Once dried, you buff it to a high sheen.

Try the Tandy Eco-Flo Super Shene
I wish I had known about this before I sold my Tano Gerard in Cobalt. :sad:
I only got to use it on my Chanel flap... for the Chanel, it was much too shiny, but I could see how Tano bags original with the sheen could really benefit from it. You don't need to saturate the leather, just enough for a thin coat. Once dried, you buff it to a high sheen.

Thanks for the link to this store, wow so much helpful information about leather. I sent away for their catalog.