Bring It! Dance show from Lifetime

What did you think of the epi? I noticed that there is now a cute white girl on the squad. She danced well.

Wondering if her inclusion was due to criticism of the lack of diversity on
the team.
Good to have some diversity though.

people need to get a clue with ish like that! where they are - you ain't going to find a lot of little white girls. and sometimes there won't be a lot of little black girls. and that is just fact!! wonder where they found her???:confused1:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

What did you think of the epi? I noticed that there is now a cute white girl on the squad. She danced well.

Wondering if her inclusion was due to criticism of the lack of diversity on the team. Good to have some diversity though.

She's fresh meat. They make an effort to show a bit of her in every other scene at the studio, and yes she is a really good dancer. I'd like to think she was selected by chance, but I feel it was because of the lack of diversity in the group..

people need to get a clue with ish like that! where they are - you ain't going to find a lot of little white girls. and sometimes there won't be a lot of little black girls. and that is just fact!! wonder where they found her???:confused1:

I agree that we can't forget that the demographics of an area can contribute to the racial makeup of many of these squads. There is also a cultural element to the makeup of majorette squads as evidenced by the info shared above by fellow tpfers who pointed out that these dance teams honor a tradition that stems from African American culture and historically black colleges.

I am happy though that at least one Caucasian is on the team. Not sure if she is a part of the community from where many of the Dancing Dolls live but Jackson is big enough whereby interested and qualifying talent should be able to make the team, regardless of what they look like.

Ooh, I wonder if there are similar squads that 'buck' but aren't predominantly black?

She's fresh meat. They make an effort to show a bit of her in every other scene at the studio, and yes she is a really good dancer. I'd like to think she was selected by chance, but I feel it was because of the lack of diversity in the group..

Well, a little white chocolate in the dollhouse can't hurt nobody. Right? :P

Hmm, all of a sudden I remembered a white chocolate Ferrerro Rocher my niece had shared with me a few years ago. Yum!

i agree that we can't forget that the demographics of an area can contribute to the racial makeup of many of these squads. There is also a cultural element to the makeup of majorette squads as evidenced by the info shared above by fellow tpfers who pointed out that these dance teams honor a tradition that stems from african american culture and historically black colleges.

I am happy though that at least one caucasian is on the team. Not sure if she is a part of the community from where many of the dancing dolls live but jackson is big enough whereby interested and qualifying talent should be able to make the team, regardless of what they look like.

ooh, i wonder if there are similar squads that 'buck' but aren't predominantly black?

ita
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/