Brilliant or rose cut diamonds for this ring?

k*d

O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
I'm planning to treat myself to this 18k yellow gold & diamond ring to celebrate a promotion, but I can't decide on brilliant vs. rose-cut stones.

What do you think?

Here's the brilliant:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 693
Diamond quality and price difference would play a factor if it was my purchase, besides that you have two very different looks! In my opinion the rose cut ring feels more antique and sweet while the round brilliant ring feels more exotic and sexy. What is your normal style like?

Thanks for the replies, everyone, and keep them coming!

Diamond quality and price difference would play a factor if it was my purchase, besides that you have two very different looks! In my opinion the rose cut ring feels more antique and sweet while the round brilliant ring feels more exotic and sexy. What is your normal style like?

I think you're right about the rose cut having a more antique look and feel, and I've been really into that lately. It's hard to ignore the fire & sparkle of the brilliant though, and I'm afraid I might outgrow my antique phase and regret the rose cut even though I love it now & I have a rose cut aquamarine I've worn daily for almost a decade.

I love the antique look of the rose cut but the round brilliant adds more sparkle to it. Tough decision!!!! If it was me I'd go for that sparkle :biggrin:? It's a lovely ring as well! What brand/designer is this if you don't mind me inquiring?

As much love as I have for rounds, I say go for the Rose Cut. Do these need to have greater clarity to look good? I assume that the fewer facets a diamond has, the better the clarity needs to be so you don't see inclusions. I know round brilliants can mask inclusions due to how light gets reflected around in them.