Brighton

I used to luv their jewelry until I found out its not even sterling silver. That's unacceptable for how much it costs. Their purses are ok...some of them are overdone and look like teen styles but some r nice and more mature. I imagine the quality is ok.

Brighton is too "country" for me with all that silver accents. It's quality leather, but the bags are too heavy to carry! I don't recommend them. Someone said that some of the jewelry is not really sterling silver... so true. So many people ripped off!

The quality of the bags is very good. I have two of their bags and a wallet. The wallet is over 6 years old and still in excellent condition. If you like one, then get it. I don't like all their designs but the ones I do like, I like a lot.

I used to luv their jewelry until I found out its not even sterling silver. That's unacceptable for how much it costs. Their purses are ok...some of them are overdone and look like teen styles but some r nice and more mature. I imagine the quality is ok.

Brighton is too "country" for me with all that silver accents. It's quality leather, but the bags are too heavy to carry! I don't recommend them. Someone said that some of the jewelry is not really sterling silver... so true. So many people ripped off!
They've never advertised that the silver-colored metal they use is 'sterling silver', so not sure where that comes from or how that could be considered "ripped off". The silver metal they use is coated to keep it shiny and new-looking, which I like. Vintage Brighton pieces are a treat. But like others have said, the bags and accessories are generally too heavy and too ornate for my tastes. I do have a valet key ring I use that I've had for years that still looks new.

I actually decided to get the bag. It's very lightweight and has just the right amount of hardware. I love that its east/west and that Icahn see everything when it's open. I also love the two side pockets for keys and cell phone. Also it comes with a two year guarantee for anything happening to it and they recondition it for free. I was looking for a pop of color for a spring/summer bag and this one really works!

I just have to chime in about my Brighton 7-snake bucket bag in Marigold. It is a gorgeous bag (the pictures don't do it justice), very lightweight, pretty hardware (no it's not sterling silver but it is exceptional quality). And because it is patent leather I can carry it when rain is in the forecast without worry. I got it half price last year and it has not aged one bit other than to soften a little.
http://www.zappos.com/brighton-seven-snake-bucket-black

Last edited:
I've been using a light weight leather bag that I picked up at the outlet a few weeks ago and I really like it. The quality is fantastic as is the organization. Sure some of the bags are a bit more ornate than my taste,but every bag company has styles I like and don't like.

I have a Brighton bag that I've had for quite some time. I really like it. And the thing I was most impressed by was when the shoulder strap broke, I contacted them; they repaired & cleaned it; and returned it to me in a brand new box and dust bag (I hadn't sent it in its dust bag). All for no cost to me. So they do honor that warranty you mentioned. I hope you enjoy it!:biggrin:

I bought a bag a couple of years ago, it was areally pretty red bag with a bow. I ended up thinking it was too holiday-ish. I have seen bags I like but there was always something that made it not work-able for me personally.....too big, more of a shoulder bag instead of a satchel, wrong color. However, I would not rule out buying one if it fit right. I havea fantastic pink croc phone case, a pair of earrings and a ring from them. I think some of their bags remind of me the Coach Anna Sui Dragonfly