Brighter/lighter? Prune vs. Raisin

Feb 15, 2007
I've looked through the pictures, but it's hard to tell. Which color is brighter? Am I correct in thinking that prune is more brownish than raisin? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi! You're right, there is more brown in the Prune colour, and in full light it looks more brownish whilst Raisin looks more "violet". Both are gorgeous colours though it is difficult to say which is brighter.
I saw some beautiful lindys, trims and garden partys at FSH in prune last week, lovely. I did end buying a Raisin birkin, and have to say it is incredibly versatile.

Very different beasties...

attachment.php

More here: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-colors/red-color-family-pics-only-100920-6.html#post7186357

LittleH I saw your reveal & drooled!:drool: A raisin GHW Birkin is my dream bag and was so envious of you. Congratulations.

Roxane Thank you for the picture. Prune definitely does look more brownish.

seton I have your Hermes scarf URL bookmarked. Absolutely love your knowledge!!!

Here are some more pictures that compare Prune Box with Raisin Box.

Attachments

• DSCF1500.JPG
    DSCF1500.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCF1502.JPG
    DSCF1502.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 326
  • DSCF1503.JPG
    DSCF1503.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 571
Great pic Roxane Thank you.Also there is a new color questch ?Sp I was told by my sa that it is a brighter prune color I have never seen it in person, I wonder how it compares to these.

Thanks for the thread marie-marie, I have my(raisin or prune) for three years I still don't know the real color.35 togo with heavy viens.GHD. beautiful IRL. here is an ''old'' pic of her. can you guys tell me which true color she is? thanks.

Attachments

• DSC00344.JPG
    DSC00344.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 344