Bright Mandarin Color

Lexic4

Jul 25, 2012
Anybody bought something in bright mandarin? I am wondering exactly what shade of orange this is and won't be able to get into a store quickly to take a look.

karenew

New to obsession
Mar 9, 2012
Amarillo, TX
Anybody bought something in bright mandarin? I am wondering exactly what shade of orange this is and won't be able to get into a store quickly to take a look.

I went to Dillard's today to compare the mandarin to my persimmon Sophia. (I should have taken a picture.) There is a LOT of yellow/gold by comparison to persimmon.

don't know if that helps or not.

LocaLady

Nov 29, 2012
Florida
I went to Dillard's today to compare the mandarin to my persimmon Sophia. (I should have taken a picture.) There is a LOT of yellow/gold by comparison to persimmon.

don't know if that helps or not.
I agree there is a lot of yellow/gold rather than a reddish orange.....

Nov 24, 2006
The bright mandarin items are on the website now; I think it's an accurate representation of the color, maybe just a tad darker than the stock photos. But yes, there is a lot of gold/yellow in it.

Lexic4

Jul 25, 2012
Thank y'all! I was hoping for more reddish orange tones. Didn't know if color online was a good representation.

CoachCruiser

Jun 9, 2011
MA
All the above descriptions are totally accurate. I don't have one (yet!?!!!) but I love the color! It's gorgeous.

47foxes

Oct 3, 2013
regina
avenwang.blogspot.ca
I haven't seen any Coach Bright Mandarin in my real life yet...if there is any, I will imaging something like Michael Kors's bright mandarin, which is gorgeous under sunlight. It is loud! http://avenwang.blogspot.ca/2014/04/michael-kors-hamilton-in-different.html
Maybe Coach will follow Michael Kors,

I am a big fan of Coach, but they are catching the trend of other bigger brands (as I observed..)
But no only Coach, lots of Contemporary Designers are smart copier.

Attachments

LocaLady

Nov 29, 2012
Florida
I haven't seen any Coach Bright Mandarin in my real life yet...if there is any, I will imaging something like Michael Kors's bright mandarin, which is gorgeous under sunlight. It is loud! http://avenwang.blogspot.ca/2014/04/michael-kors-hamilton-in-different.html

I am a big fan of Coach, but they are catching the trend of other bigger brands (as I observed..)
Actually the Coach Mandarin is very different than this.... This is a truer orange IMHO....

jan1124

O.G.
Nov 11, 2006
The MK is definitly not even close! As another poster said-Marigold (think the flower) - and website is pretty accurate - but darker. The Sullivan Hobo pictured looks most right-on. I will say, the first time I saw the color, I thought 'yuck!'...but it's grown on me so much - I need a bag in it!

emilybug

purse fickle
O.G.
Feb 21, 2010
Tulsa
I fell in love with the Sullivan hobo in mandarin the first time I saw it IRL. It's gorgeous! I plan to get it w/PCE.

GA Peach

Sep 23, 2013
Atlanta

This looks nothing like Coach Bright Mandarin. If you look at the Bleecker Preston on Coach.com you will see the color.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
I'm thinking I might like it. It sounds like the color might be halfway in between my sunflower duffle and red-orange pebbled drawstring. I just don't know if I can justify another bright color, or if I would use it as much as one of the other colors these bags come in.

Alexa5

Nov 2, 2011
It really is a nice color. I chose not to get it mainly because there is a gold component to it, and though I don't dislike yellow, it really isn't a color that I buy anything in. The fact that it has a good amount of orange in it makes it a very nice color though.