Bright Colors or Practical?

I also play it safe and almost always purchase brown or black bags. At times I envy those gals that can pull off a colorful bag, but I know that they are out of my comfort zone. I have purchased several colorful bags during the years (my latest was the purple croc Audrey) but they always sit w/the tags on until I eventually return them. This is one of the reasons that I like the Madison line...it allows you to purchase the safe colors (brown and black) but then it gives you a "pop" of color on the inside. The black shoulder bag with the dark red lining is TDF. :drool:

I am trying to decide between a couple bags and I am having a very hard time. I like the large Madison Shoulder Bag in Purple, Black and Brown and the Alexandra Satchel with the gold and silver studs. I am trying to decide which is the best purchase on a practical side. I have some black bags and a siggy brown one. I don't have any colorful bags but I am not sure if they are practical, I have never owned anything really bright like that purple so I am not sure if that can be a dressy bag or simply something with jeans. The studded satchel is nice and I like it but I am leaning more toward the shoulder bags...does anyone have any input? RL pictures of that studded satchel would be appreciated as well.. Thanks

I think sometimes we just have to try the bags on, look in the mirror, put our stuff in it, wear it a few minutes, etc. Since you already have the basic black and brown bags, a colored bag could be nice. But not all bags are equal in all colors, and one purple bag can look completely different than another purple bag. So I say try the bags on and buy the one you can't do without.

I usually stick to black brown grey or white bags. I feel lame doing so because I'm only 21, but neutral colors are my comfort zone! But usually my wallet or clutch is colorful, and so are other accessories (scarves, belts, hats, etc) so I get my color from there.

When I used my poppy tartan glam tote, I felt like I couldn't wear certain colors (especially purple and pink lol). So usually it depends on which bag I want to carry or what I'm wearing when getting ready!

Oh and funny story: first time I went to try the Sophia on, I didn't get it because it didn't go with my outfit at the time and looked blah! Haha :smile:

The purple of this year's Madison line is a really dark purple and IMHO will go with more (or at least not CLASH with) than the previous purples Coach has used. Of course, being a purple gal, I think they're ALL stunning. I used a rose carryall and a lilac belted carly most of the summer and never felt that they were inappropriate. Colored bags are FUN!!

I'd say bright colors from Coach, practical colors from another brand as a super special treat to yourself. For example, I've avoided buying brown and black bags b/c when I've been an extra good girl, I'm going to invest in a Louis Vuitton bag for brown (or Burberry) and a Chanel bag for black. Ideally, these bags will be in good quality to last a long time, so I figure it makes the most sense to get them as my practical bags. Coach has such a nice array of fun color combos that other brands lack.

I'm also not that brave in choosing the colour of my bag.. I only own black, brown, and grey ATM.. But i think if you're afraid of choosing purple, the alexandra satchel will work best for you.. Good luck choosing & don't forget to show us what you get ! :biggrin:

For me I know it's only practical to get bags in colors that match my wardrobe. I usually stick to neutral colors and I buy purple bags because purple is my favorite color. But I find sometimes that even my purple bags are hard to integrate in my wardrobe because I do wear purple clothes and hate being all matchy matchy. And I learned not to buy bags in other colors just because. I tried buying blue bags because they were such pretty shades of blue, but blue just doesn't fit my style for some reason.