Bridesmaids!

lurkingsmirk

Aug 7, 2008
I can't believe there isn't a thread about this movie yet. Just watched it and couldn't stop laughing. This is a film that really lets its female characters shine. It was so sweet and heart-warming, too! I've heard it called "the 'female' Hangover" but it's way better.

I just saw it tonight. It was pretty funny. Definitely shows how crazy people get about weddings and all of the hoopla surrounding them. I love Kristen Wiig on SNL and thought she did a great job.

On a side note, I liked the outfits they had her character and the Helen character wear.

I've seen quite a few tweets about this today on my twitter feed with most people saying that they really enjoyed it (even a couple of men said this!).

I'm going to try and see it next weekend. :smile:

I saw this in Friday and thought it was ok. I felt that a lot if e really funny parts were in the previews, and that it tried too hard to be like a Hangover for the female demographic. I loved Melissa McCarthy's character, she's a great actress, but overall I wasn't as impressed with the movie as I was hoping I would be.

ETA, $hit, I didn't know that this was Jill Claybourg's final film. She died in 2010 from Chronic Lymphocytic leukemia. I used to love her on Dirty Sexy Money, and I also really liked her in this role as Annie's mother. So sad!

I thought it was a really cute movie! I thought it was kind of great that the story was different from a lot of other movies aimed at the same demographic. I mean, Annie didn't really have a major character flaw or obsession with getting a man- she was just a woman whose life hit a rough patch and she was kinda floundering. She was just a sweet person who tried really hard to make her friend happy, but wasn't afraid to be honest when she saw that friend doing things that weren't "her." Yeah, funny things happened, but I actually feel bad that it was described as a female "hangover" because it really wasn't at all the same thing and I think it changed people's expectations of the movie. Kristen Wiig was on the View the other day and they asked her about that and she said something about how that was a really great movie but it wasn't what they were going for.

I have to say, the scene on the plane had me dying laughing! Loved it. And the room mates! "Its like, a Native American symbol for wasted" hahahaha!

I saw it this weekend, and it was hilarious.

The theatre was packed when we went to go see it and we had to sit in the second row up at the front.

To the left of us are a bunch of what looked like 12 and 13 year old boys. How they got into an R-rated movie, I have no idea.

Anyway, during the beginning scenes my friend leans over to me and whispers "They're learning a whole lot of wrong information!"

I loved Megan.

I was afraid of how they were going to handle the food poisoning scene, because quite frankly the last thing I needed to see was excessive vomiting or farting. But it wasn't that at all. Yes, you actually saw the vomiting. Yes, there were gastrointestinal problems, but it wasn't a "let's see how long we can make this scene go on for" type of thing.

When Annie flipped out at the bridal shower, she never once mentioned the fact that Helen stole her Parisian idea. Granted, that must have been one of the things that made her snap, but I'm surprised she didn't mention it during her rant.

I saw this in Friday and thought it was ok. I felt that a lot if e really funny parts were in the previews, and that it tried too hard to be like a Hangover for the female demographic. I loved Melissa McCarthy's character, she's a great actress, but overall I wasn't as impressed with the movie as I was hoping I would be.

I saw Bridesmaids Friday and I liked it more than The Hangover.