bridesmaid dress alterations?

hyper_ballad

Oct 7, 2006
DE
Hi everyone,
Just wondering-- I bought my bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding at David's Bridal but never made the appointment for the alterations. Since I bought it at DB, is it cheaper to get the alterations done there or to take it to a local seamstress/dry cleaner's? Anyone have any advice? I'm trying to save money as I'd rather have it go towards the wedding gift than my dress alterations :s

PagePT11

Jan 3, 2009
Virginia
Take it somewhere else and it'll be way cheaper. I had the same decision to make this summer at David's! A friend of mine also had purchased a dress there for like 75 dollars and it was rather short, the alterations there were going to also cost 75 dollars, which seemed crazy to me. Maybe someone else could give a little more insight on costs, but from my experience taking it somewhere else was a little easier on my pocket.

shoebuyer37

Are we there yet?
Jul 23, 2007
Sweet Carolina
I think it depends on what you need done. A simple hem might not be worth taking elsewhere, but if you need more done (taking in the sides, etc.) go somewhere else.

bagaholic85

Sep 14, 2007
i <3 ny
you can call around locally. i looked into it for my bf's wedding. it was the same price everywhere i looked. altering a gown is very expensive. plus if i got it done at the bridal boutique i bought it from, it was guaranteed if there were any mistakes (i.e. they take it in too much and theyd have to get me a new dress) plus everyone else was getting it done there, so it was just easier to do it there.