Bridal Jewellery

Which bridal earring piece set would you pick?

• Lux (VCA Vintage MOP)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Go traditional (Pearl drop earrings...mikimoto, tiffany..?)

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Get that sparkle in! (Costume sparkly drop earrings... no idea what yet, open to suggestions!)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

LuxuryHoarder

May 18, 2020
Hello!

I'm trying to decide on what earrings to get and wear for our wedding. I think I will be wearing my hair down, and I'm not planning on wearing a necklace. I've already bought my shoes - a pair of JC Aurelie heels, which brought me to the idea of wearing something with pearl in it.

As much as I would love a pair of dangly or diamond VCA, my budget is a bit limited, where the cost of the vintage MOP VCA is probably the max limit.

What would you ladies suggest to choose for bridal earrings? :biggrin:

Reactions: purselovah91
I am a big fan of diamond studs. They are simple and will last a lifetime. If you are open to lab diamonds, Lightbox has very reasonable pricing on them and they are beautiful. Since lightbox diamond are real lab made diamonds and are in 14k gold you should be able to wear them for many happy years.

It's hard to say without knowing the style of the dress or your other jewelry, so my thoughts are get something that you'll wear often or that you've wanted a while but had a hard time justifying as this will be a very special occasion and make them sentimental. I wore costume jewelry for my earrings as they'd been a gift from DH, but if buying something, I'd opt for fine jewelry for it's future durability.

My wedding was a bit of a whirlwind in that we arrived to NYC on a Tuesday, I picked my dress and had it altered that Wednesday and then ran around the city to find matching accessories for our wedding on Friday. We were also both graduate students at the time and had just bought our house, so we didn't have all the money in the world. I went with costume jewelry and they completed my look just as well as any expensive jewelry would have. If we were in a different financial situation then of course it would have been nice to go with at least one piece of fine jewelry to wear time and time again, but it's nothing I've lost sleep over. I've acquired plenty of nice jewelry after the fact. Please update us with what you choose! And congratulations on this exciting step in life. :heart:

Agree with @leechiyong that it kind of depends on 1) your dress and 2) your preference.

Based on the poll, I honestly think you can't really go wrong with any of them. It really depends on what you think looks good on you, looks good with the dress, and if they make you happy!

If your priority is to buy a special piece as a memory of your wedding, then I would opt for fine jewelry and for something that is a little more wearable if you want to wear it more often after your wedding. You can definitely go all out for fine jewelry and get a statement piece, but that may be reserved for more special or formal occasions.

I chose simple and traditional costume jewelry for mine. It think it was 1) I'm not a fan of spending a lot of money for a wedding. 2) I wanted a look that was more simple and timeless, so that I can look back and feel that my look didn't seem outdated. 3) I didn't want to have so much bling to overwhelm me.

Mine looked something similar to this:
1655131177522.png
Could I have gotten a fine jewelry piece for this? Definitely. But, at the time, I wasn't sure if this was something that I would re-wear again, so I didn't want to put in the money for a fine jewelry version. Wedding pieces are very "wedding looking" to me. It's like every time I look at my wedding shoes, I personally find them hard to wear for any other occasion. They are sentimental, but they take up space. After my wedding, I donated all my wedding dresses. Still kept my shoes though...lol, but now I'm thinking of donating them as well. :P

Anyway, I'm sure you will look beautiful in whichever one you decide on getting! :heart: Congratulations!:yahoo:

Check out the Tiffany Victoria earrings, elegant, sparkly, and can be worn and cherished for many, many years.
I say this with hesitance since I don't know how simple or embellished your dress is.. But you say you're not wearing a necklace. With that in mind, I personally wouldn't go with the VCA Vintage MOP. In my personal opinion, VCA is lux, but not those earrings. If pearl is what you're after though, and you prefer designer, I would look at Mikimoto.
But as others said, whatever you choose, I am sure you will look beautiful! Congratulations!!

I agree with the Mikimoto suggestion for pearls. They have such beautiful choices. When I got married, my lovely future SIL insisted that my "something borrowed" item was her diamond studs. She had 2 cttw and 4 cttw. We decided on the 2 cttw. I was bowled over by her generosity and they were just gorgeous. I just finally got my 1.5cttw studs upgraded to 2 cttw for my 30th anniversary. I've finally come full circle. Congratulations to you and cheers to many happy years ahead.