Breeds of dogs that are good with cats?

Not pugs!! Due to their eyes, it could be very dangerous for them!

My Nan had a bullmastiff with 3 siamese and he never bothered them. I don't even think he reaslised they were there lol!

Thanks for all of the advice, ladies! Like I said, the decision is still way off in the future, but it's good to know. Of the dog breeds mentioned, I know that I'd love an English Springer Spaniel or a poodle - in fact, I told dbf that I wanted a standard poodle and he said NO NO NO. Lol! I have a feeling that us getting an animal together will be a process of elimination (I told him no huskies - my mom is really scared of big dogs and my cat would have a nervous breakdown - they are pretty though).

I can tell you by my experiences Lhasa Apsos (I have 3) are NOT good with cats.

I have had a different experience. My Mom's 2 Lhasa's adore my Mom's cat! Of course this particular cat I am talking about thinks she is a dog. I adopted her when she was 6 months old and then my Mom fell in love with and her took in. She gave me visiting rights, but it was love at first site between this cat Nober and my Mom.

Nober sneaks dog food (ick!), plays fetch, and chases after the dogs when playing :wtf: -- serious! Guess, it just goest to show that all animals will vary based on environment and experience.

My golden Katie, on the other hand, was raised with cats when she was first born (when she was with her breeder). We don't have a cat now, but Katie adores cats!! Even though cats run like lightening when they see gigantic Katie running over to 'play' with them. Poor dog doesn't understand how much bigger she is than them!

Thanks for all of the advice, ladies! Like I said, the decision is still way off in the future, but it's good to know. Of the dog breeds mentioned, I know that I'd love an English Springer Spaniel or a poodle - in fact, I told dbf that I wanted a standard poodle and he said NO NO NO. Lol! I have a feeling that us getting an animal together will be a process of elimination (I told him no huskies - my mom is really scared of big dogs and my cat would have a nervous breakdown - they are pretty though).
springers and poodles are great dogs... i don't think you could go wrong with either of those breeds. however, i'm partial to the springers, my best dog EVER was a springer!