Breaking up with my SA, disappointed and sad.

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
I have an SA that I work with out of town for 2 years. I was so impressed with her while on vacay I worked with her exclusively so she could get the commission (even though it cost me more in taxes and shipping). Lately though, I haven't been feeling the love (I texted her to make a purchase and she got back to me several days later, after that purchase I texted her a question about another purchase I wanted to make and it took her over a week to respond and no apology for taking so long to respond- she didn't even answer my question- in fact she just glossed over it and said she will order my item and when I mentioned I hadn't heard back in a very nice way, she completely glossed over it again and just said my item is in store)
Sadly after today I won't be faithful to her anymore. This is the straw that broke the camels back... She usually tells me when she would be in store as she knows I like to deal with her personally while on vacay, and she didn't even tell me she was not going to be there. She just left the item with my name. Another SA rung me up. My SA didn't even leave the other item aside for me as she stated she would- I had to request it. I really liked her, she was awesome and as stupid as it sounds I felt disappointed that she wasn't there and that she completely dropped the ball as far as customer service is concerned recently. I could have just driven to my nearest LV and saved myself some $ and receive the same sub par treatment (my local store is awful) from a stranger. I know I am not a VIP to LV but I do spend a few K's a year and it's usually hassle free with zero returns so I don't understand why the sub par service of late. It just kinda makes me want to cool my heels with LV now. Sounds silly but that's how I feel. Anyhow I just wanted to vent about it, and ask if I am wrong for feeling this way? Should i just work with any SA and not remain loyal? TPF usually gives great advice and thoughts so please tell me if I am wrong to feel this way and break up with my SA. My hubby says unfortunately this is the way it is with sales, no loyalty there cause I'm not a big enough spender so they cater only to the more elite clientele. I would like to think he's wrong but now I am not so sure... thanks for reading.

I have an SA that I work with out of town for 2 years. I was so impressed with her while on vacay I worked with her exclusively so she could get the commission (even though it cost me more in taxes and shipping). Lately though, I haven't been feeling the love (I texted her to make a purchase and she got back to me several days later, after that purchase I texted her a question about another purchase I wanted to make and it took her over a week to respond and no apology for taking so long to respond- she didn't even answer my question- in fact she just glossed over it and said she will order my item and when I mentioned I hadn't heard back in a very nice way, she completely glossed over it again and just said my item is in store)
Sadly after today I won't be faithful to her anymore. This is the straw that broke the camels back... She usually tells me when she would be in store as she knows I like to deal with her personally while on vacay, and she didn't even tell me she was not going to be there. She just left the item with my name. Another SA rung me up. My SA didn't even leave the other item aside for me as she stated she would- I had to request it. I really liked her, she was awesome and as stupid as it sounds I felt disappointed that she wasn't there and that she completely dropped the ball as far as customer service is concerned recently. I could have just driven to my nearest LV and saved myself some $ and receive the same sub par treatment (my local store is awful) from a stranger. I know I am not a VIP to LV but I do spend a few K's a year and it's usually hassle free with zero returns so I don't understand why the sub par service of late. It just kinda makes me want to cool my heels with LV now. Sounds silly but that's how I feel. Anyhow I just wanted to vent about it, and ask if I am wrong for feeling this way? Should i just work with any SA and not remain loyal? TPF usually gives great advice and thoughts so please tell me if I am wrong to feel this way and break up with my SA. My hubby says unfortunately this is the way it is with sales, no loyalty there cause I'm not a big enough spender so they cater only to the more elite clientele. I would like to think he's wrong but now I am not so sure... thanks for reading.
X

Last edited:
Ar you comfortable telling her all this? To be fair to her, tell her why you are leaving..maybe she does not realize she is not helping you or there is something going on in her personal life.

Reactions: Kitty157
Absolutely not. You should have the best experience each time you purchase something whether it's $200 or 6,000. It sounds like she's not giving you the same service as before. If it were me I would just end that relationship with that SA and start a new one with someone else. It it their job to fufuill your needs every time you make a purchase with them. I hope you find a new SA. Don't feel bad about it! Best of luck! ;)

Absolutely not. You should have the best experience each time you purchase something whether it's $200 or 6,000. It sounds like she's not giving you the same service as before. If it were me I would just end that relationship with that SA and start a new one with someone else. It it their job to fufuill your needs every time you make a purchase with them. I hope you find a new SA. Don't feel bad about it! Best of luck! ;)

Ar you comfortable telling her all this? To be fair to her, tell her why you are leaving..maybe she does not realize she is not helping you or there is something going on in her personal life.

I was thinking about doing this... That's why I thought maybe I would see her today in person and see what's going on. I won't see her after today as I left to go back home shortly and I am not sure I can convey my thoughts and feelings to her well enough via text. My text after the week long wait was to the effect that I was worried she wasn't ok and glad to see she was ok (once she responded) giving her the opportunity to address it. I didn't expect personal details if something was up in her personal life, but at least an acknowledgment of some sort and maybe an explanation but she didn't give one.
I'm not good at breaking up lol and I really liked her. Maybe she's just not that into me lol and broke up with me...

Thank u for ur advice [emoji4]. I'm gonna have to start searching again... dreading this.

I was thinking about doing this... That's why I thought maybe I would see her today in person and see what's going on. I won't see her after today as I left to go back home shortly and I am not sure I can convey my thoughts and feelings to her well enough via text. My text after the week long wait was to the effect that I was worried she wasn't ok and glad to see she was ok (once she responded) giving her the opportunity to address it. I didn't expect personal details if something was up in her personal life, but at least an acknowledgment of some sort and maybe an explanation but she didn't give one.
I'm not good at breaking up lol and I really liked her. Maybe she's just not that into me lol and broke up with me...
I think you should be honest with her and tell her what you posted here. It's not fair to address it here but not let her know especially if you really liked her and have worked with her for awhile. See what her response is and take it from there. Either she will care and change or not take it seriously and then you know you made the right decision to move on to another SA.....

I think you should be honest with her and tell her what you posted here. It's not fair to address it here but not let her know especially if you really liked her and have worked with her for awhile. See what her response is and take it from there. Either she will care and change or not take it seriously and then you know you made the right decision to move on to another SA.....

I know ur right... I just have to figure out how to convey this to her properly via text. Thxs for ur advice.[emoji4]
I am hoping she will follow up with my purchase today (Before going I texted her to tell her I was on my way from my hotel to see her- no response yet) to see how it went or at the very least respond to my text and we go from there. If I don't hear from her though I think that's my answer....

Just move on and find another. I am faithful to one of my chanel SAs because she is truly amazing. She would send me things I like and respond to me any time of the day - I only purchased a card holder when I met her on vacation. I have made several more purchases since from her. But all other brands - I just buy from whoever is there.