Breaking up with Louis for now...

Good for you for taking responsibility over your finances. Financial security should always come first before the latest bag. Enjoy your LV collection and maybe when you have some extra money saved up, you can buy something that you love and don't feel guilty about.

I totally understand and I too am glad that you have set limits for yourself and know when to enforce them!! I hope you will be back to Louis soon when you feel the time and circumstances are right! For now, just enjoy the bags you DO have. :smile:

Good for you for taking responsibility over your finances. Financial security should always come first before the latest bag. Enjoy your LV collection and maybe when you have some extra money saved up, you can buy something that you love and don't feel guilty about.

Ditto, besides you are not taking a break from Louis. You are choosing to enjoy the pieces you have before you add anything new. :tup: Sometimes I find myself thinking of the next thing I want so bad I forget to enjoy what I already own. Good For You, :yahoo:

I'm feeling a break-up coming on as well and it has nothing to do with any of the bags. My SA keeps calling me and trying to talk me into bags that are well out of my budget. I get the feeling she's trying to drive up her commissions and her approach isn't really subtle, either. It's leaving me with a really bad impression. I've spent way too much on LV this year and while I love my bags, I don't want to be seen as somebody's steady source of income -- or, a sucker.

Good for you for being able to identify your limit. It's easy to get caught up in purse lust and not really appreciate what you have. I've actually spent time recently weeding out my collection (not just LV but purses in general) and keeping what I really love and selling the rest in favor of retirement.

After a while, a too big collection gets overwhelming anyway. Better to love and use everything than to get overwhelmed every time you look in your closet. :smile:

I totally know how you feel. I am also cutting way back and selling bags that I don't feel that I need. This addiction can get really expensive. And, lately, I have been looking at my bags and thinking about other things that the money could have been spent on. Now, I have decided to stick to buying 1 or 2 bags per year. :yes: So, like someone else mentioned, you are not leaving Louie. You are just enjoying the bags that you have.