Breaking out!!

i dont know what the issue is i have never had bad skin i would only occasionally get a zit on my chin or something ...NOW i have acne all over on my cheeks chin and white skin colored ones on my forehead and whiteheads on the size of my nose i have tried
clean and clear soft ... didnt do anything i think it made it worse
cetaphil... wasnt really working
i am now sampling ren skincare any

any recommendations on something that would clear up my skin

^ Yep, this is true. I have had acne forever. Once I started drinking a lot of water my face cleared up.. I couldn't believe it, I had tried so many things. Another benefit to drinking water is losing weight, I lost 5 lbs.

Not to mention your skin will be less oily, you'll feel better in general, it helps you lose weight, makes you more energetic and it's so good for you!!! It's free too. everyone loves free stuff right?

ETA~~ Less stress, more sleep, healthier diet helps too as VPT said. Soda is the worst thing you can drink if you have bad skin. Products alone will not help you.

Last edited:
Maybe try altering your food consumption, stop consuming fried stuff. Eat subs and sandwiches instead. Drink a glass of natural fruit juice a day, switch to tea rather than coffee, stop consuming soda, substituting them for plain water instead. Without this regimen, I highly doubt any skincare will work wonders.

^ agreed that your diet and water consumption are key factors to your acne problem.

i have the same issues you have, try the acne solutions kit from clinique. i started using it a week and a half ago and my face is clearing up so well, plus i have been drinking more water. but the clinique stuff really dries your skin out, so use it sparingly.

toxins in your body are trying to find their way out, sometimes through your skin and acne results.

when you drink water, you flush out the toxins so they leave your skin alone. with that said, drink some water.

Definitely try the aspirin mask! I've always been a big water drinker so I knew that when I got a sudden break out that wasn't it, I guess it must be hormones. Anyway, I mix 5 aspirins with just enough water to make a paste, then mix in honey and a little bit of murad's acne mask. I spread it on my face, leave it on for 20 minutes, and then gently exfoliate it off with water. So far I've seen great results! You can also use this as a spot treatment.

trying seeing a derm...also are you on the pill? the pill can cause break outs

This has been the case with me.. I never really had break outs until recently =(

Another piece of advice.. don't touch your face, don't squeeze your zits, etc.. That'll only make it worse.

Honestly, I don't think soda and junk food is the culprit.. Since, you've had clear skim most of your life. I'm guessing your eating habits are the same as always, right? As NYCBelle suggested, perhaps you just started the pill and your hormones are out of sync. Or your breakouts may be the result of stress. If you're stressing, try exercising and other stress alleviating activities.