Breaking out w/Everyday Minerals?

Vinyl

O.G.
Dec 1, 2007
I've been using my EDM samples for about 3 days now... I have noticed little bumps appearing on my face. They aren't full-blown pimples yet, I think, but they could be soon?

I don't understand, since I thought EDM didn't have bismuth.

I am using the Intensive formula because I need the coverage.

I use the intensive formula (as well as matte) and my skin behaves much better than before using mineral makeup. I don't understand either. Is there anything else that could be causing you to break out? :sad: I hope it isn't the EDM since it's my favorite makeup ever

I use the intensive formula (as well as matte) and my skin behaves much better than before using mineral makeup. I don't understand either. Is there anything else that could be causing you to break out? :sad: I hope it isn't the EDM since it's my favorite makeup ever

I did a Google search & found this. Do you mix your matte & intensive formulas together? Maybe I should do that? I'm not sure... I mean, if intensive is breaking me out, then why would using less of it help if it's already posing a problem? Then again, I don't want to buy matte & have it not "lessen" the possibility of a breakout.

I have two intensives, and two matte foundations total. i don't use them together and frankly they seem to have the same coverage and oil control.
I'm guessing you could try adding original glo or semi matte to your intensive foundation. get a free sample kit to add to your intensive foundation

My daughter had the same reaction to EDM. Tons of tiny little bumps. She also had it with BM and Laura Mercier mmu. She used the matte formula in EDM. I guess she's sensitive to any mmu.

I recently decided to give EDM another try and the colors I picked this time worked for me but it is making me break out as well. I also got the intensive formula, I wonder if I should try the matte one?

I think some people might just be sensitive to mmu in general although since you did fine with The Body Shop's it might help to compare the ingredients to see if you can determine exactly what you are sensitive to. If you are getting bumps, I doubt it's going to get better with continued use. I know it doesn't contain bismuth which is what everyone is usually concerned about but my daughter stated with EDM (the first foundation of any kind that she used) and developed those tiny bumps. She then went through 2 more brands that did contain bismuth and there was absolutely no difference. Same exact bumps as with the EDM, no better, no worse, so it wasn't the bismuth that she was reactive to. I don't know what the ingredient is that causes her reaction but it took quite a while to figure out it was mmu and the bumps started going away within a few days after she stopped using it.

I was using EDM as foundation for some time and then all of a sudden, I started to break out pretty bad (and I normally don't have this problem at all). I was using the intensive, I think. I only use it for setting powder now, over tinted moisturizer. I thought maybe EDM had a bad batch of makeup, but this was some time ago. It might be the formula in the intensive.