Breaking in a new MbMJ

enga4

E.N.G.A.T.5.
Apr 25, 2009
I want my hillier to get smooshy and broken in, b.c. I think the shape is more flattering when it doesn't hold a rigid shape so much.

How can I speed up the process?

I didn't think my Hillier was stiff at all when I got her - the leather was gorgeous and chewy with a slight sheen. If you think it is, then I can only suggest that she'll only "break-in" once you use her a lot. Try just using her a lot, fully loaded, for a week or so and see if that helps soften the leather.

this is what i did with my raw sugar, i put in a couple of water bottles and hand it up on door knob with the short handle, and played with it whenever i could. it is now realli soft and smooshy :woohoo:

Honestly, I don't know if I would recommend doing that. :thinking: Bags are supposed to be worn, and they will wear properly with age. I'd hate for the bag to be somehow damaged from all that weight at one time. Anyway, that's just my humble opinion; hope it works out for you, enga!

lol bom, actually that's how a lot of ladies in the Rebecca Minkoff forum "break-in" their Nikki [hobos] to soften up the leather and get it take the typical "Nikki shape." I'm only a fan of doing this if the leather is stiff and doesn't yield the typical shape/style you want.

lol bom, actually that's how a lot of ladies in the Rebecca Minkoff forum "break-in" their Nikki [hobos] to soften up the leather and get it take the typical "Nikki shape." I'm only a fan of doing this if the leather is stiff and doesn't yield the typical shape/style you want.

Ah, I see. I understand how it would make sense with stiffer leathers like those found in many RM bags, but I'm still concerned on the effect it might have on the thick, soft, and pliable leather of a Hillier. :sweatdrop: