Breaking Bad

Aaron Paul said in an interview that the movie was originally cut at 3 hours so it sounds like a lot had to be taken out to get it where it was. That might explain people being in the promo but not in the show, I didn't pay much attention to the promotional stuff b/c I didn't really want to know who would/would not be in it so that didn't bother me.

As for it being slow paced, BB was always a slow burn so I felt like the pace was in keeping with the show. The movie also had a ton of tense moments/scenes as the show always did. To be honest, I had no idea how they would create a protagonist issue since almost everyone was dead, so I thought what they did with the welding guys was pretty brilliant. Linking the protagonist to Jesse's literal chains may have been a little on the nose, but it's coda (or "love letter to the fans" as Vince said) for all intents and purposes so I give them some slack on that. Also, I loved how they added another layer of why Jesse was so hell bent on killing Tod himself in the finale.

For people who expected some big character reveal or plot-twist, I don't know how or why they would have done that when they did so well "ending" Breaking Bad already. Why mess something up for the purposes of shock value? All they wanted to do was give Jesse a proper sendoff and have a little fun doing it. It was on Netflix (and will eventually be on AMC), so it's not like it was movie that they asked us to pay $20 to see in the theater. With that said, I would pay to watch the 3 hour version myself, ha!!
Great synopsis! My BFF complained that it started off slow, but Breaking Bad has always been a slow burn. I loved the way they melded past characters into the show, I found it very satisfying. And what I like even more is that it was made and no one knew it was being done. It was a sweet surprise that came out of nowhere!