Breadnbrie's small collection

Gorgeous collection! I love that all your bags are practical as well as beautiful.
Thank you so much for commenting! Practicality is huge for me when spending at this price range. Though I've bought a lot this year, I do think I've been good about re-evaluating and culling my collection, rotating the bags I do have, and re-homing bags that would better serve someone else. :smile:

Gorgeous and well rounded collection, Breadnbrie! Makes me want to go buy a new bag! [emoji7]
Thanks Mimmy! Hahaha don't let me be a bad influence! I do think I'm slowing down now:lol: I hope!

My little purse family is still pretty modest compared to some here, but it grew very quickly this year, and I'm happy with it all the same! As I'm done buying for the rest of the year, I thought this might be a good time to document my journey so far. I have admired bags for a long time but rarely indulged, saving instead for practical pursuits. However, 2016 was a special year in that I'm finally working my absolute dream job, and am very close to paying off my student loans (!!!). Plus, husband and I don't have kids yet, so now is probably the time to indulge to this degree.

I did make a couple of rookie mistakes in the form of impulsive purchases and bag regrets, but lessons learned.[emoji4]

Here they are!View attachment 3445834

My first foray into bags was with Dooney and Bourke in grad school. This bag was gifted to me by my mom, and is practically indestructible! It's been carried to death through rain, 100F + temps, lectures, hospital shifts, and adventures, and despite being constantly loaded up with textbooks, laptops, and medical equipment, it has no scratches or damage whatsoever. Here it is, plus me wearing it last winter. View attachment 3445835
View attachment 3445836

I sold this beloved bucket bag to one of my best friends, since she's more of a small bag person. I'm so happy I did, because she loves that thing and wears it all the time!
View attachment 3445837

So beautiful breadnbrie! And i love the stories behind each one. What is the name of the first dooney you posted? It looks like the florentine style but i have never seen that two-tone before!

Reactions: Breadnbrie
So beautiful breadnbrie! And i love the stories behind each one. What is the name of the first dooney you posted? It looks like the florentine style but i have never seen that two-tone before!

Thank you! It's actually the Dillen, as was kindly corrected for me by a member on the Dooney forum. It was a gift so I assumed it was a Florentine since it looks a lot like one, but apparently Dillens have pebbled leather, in contrast to the smooth leather on the Florentines. :smile:

What a beautiful collection you have built in such a short time. I can't pick a favorite -- they are all lovely. I remember when you did a reveal of your black metal plate Bbag -- guess you have been quite busy since (lol). Thanks for sharing.

What a beautiful collection you have built in such a short time. I can't pick a favorite -- they are all lovely. I remember when you did a reveal of your black metal plate Bbag -- guess you have been quite busy since (lol). Thanks for sharing.
Hahaha I know, I've been so bad this year! I'm very happy with my bag family now though, so no regrets. Thanks Iamminda for stopping by!:flowers:

@Breadnbrie what can I say? I have enjoyed your posts and reveals but didn't know about this showcase. Your collection is just perfect, a bag for every occasion and some extra special beauties thrown in. I like your style and how you manage the size of your collection (I can't have too many bags either). Congratulations and well done on your choices.

Allow me to share my LV Caissa, my first hobo tote bag! As you can see, I'm a satchel girl, but I did want a larger, light, carefree, grab-and-go tote with an open top. While I usually get bags that transition well from work to weekend, my main goal with this purchase was to get something I can easily use once we start having kids.

It was hard because generally speaking, shoulder/shopper totes just don't sing to me. I did consider the Neverfull, and while it probably would have been more practical, the Caissa had just that oomph I was looking for!IMG_5427.JPG

And an updated family photo.

IMG_5458.JPG

I love the looks of the caissa hobo and yes speaking as a mom of a toddler an open top shoulder bag will be very convenient once you have a little one !
Allow me to share my LV Caissa, my first hobo tote bag! As you can see, I'm a satchel girl, but I did want a larger, light, carefree, grab-and-go tote with an open top. While I usually get bags that transition well from work to weekend, my main goal with this purchase was to get something I can easily use once we start having kids.

It was hard because generally speaking, shoulder/shopper totes just don't sing to me. I did consider the Neverfull, and while it probably would have been more practical, the Caissa had just that oomph I was looking for!View attachment 3551385

And an updated family photo.

View attachment 3551389

Reactions: Breadnbrie