Brazilian Waxes -- Any men prefer you NOT to have a Brazilian wax? Please advise!

Eeep! Waxing down there sounds scary.. if you're not completely comfy with the idea (or think you SO won't dig it), go for something different but not as extreme. I like the idea of shaping it into a heart!

I have never met a man who didn't LOVE either a landing strip or bare. Since you're "au naturale" right now, I think going with just a landing strip would be the best way to go for the first time. I have to agree with sfgirl, have it done the day before you show your bf, take an advil about an hour before you get it done and go to a reputable place. I suggest checking in Allure magazine's beauty directory online to see if they recommend a place in your area, I've gone to places they've suggested before (when not in my home city) and was not disappointed.

For me, I don't get itchy with regrowth after waxing and I got REALLY itchy with regrowth when I used to shave that area. I use Tend Skin starting 3 days after I get my brazilian to help prevent ingrown hairs and bumps. I started getting Brazilian waxes about 2 years ago when I didn't have a boyfriend, did it for myself, and now I will never go back to shaving. After the first one or two times, it doesn't hurt anymore and it looks so much better than shaving, IMO.

Good luck and have fun!!

I have never met a man who didn't LOVE either a landing strip or bare. Since you're "au naturale" right now, I think going with just a landing strip would be the best way to go for the first time. I have to agree with sfgirl, have it done the day before you show your bf, take an advil about an hour before you get it done and go to a reputable place. I suggest checking in Allure magazine's beauty directory online to see if they recommend a place in your area, I've gone to places they've suggested before (when not in my home city) and was not disappointed.

For me, I don't get itchy with regrowth after waxing and I got REALLY itchy with regrowth when I used to shave that area. I use Tend Skin starting 3 days after I get my brazilian to help prevent ingrown hairs and bumps. I started getting Brazilian waxes about 2 years ago when I didn't have a boyfriend, did it for myself, and now I will never go back to shaving. After the first one or two times, it doesn't hurt anymore and it looks so much better than shaving, IMO.

Good luck and have fun!!

Tend Skin is amazing. I used it when I used to shave and it worked great at eliminating bumps. Now I use it after being waxed (several days after also). :smile:

I feel funny totally bare, but have a brazilian with a little strip. I've been lasered though. I don't wax. I don't think any men object to the little strip. I think it's just a personal preference at that point.

Definitely go for it, 98% of guys prefer it. I'm always completely shaven. Most of my friends are guys and i only know 2 who prefer hair.. and i know a lootttttt of guys ;o)

of all the brazillians I have done, I dont understand the "strip" what is that suppose to accomplish?

is it suppose to make you look like you at least went through steps 1 and 2 of puberty?

^ lol

i think i'm leaving a little for my first wax, for fear of looking too startlingly prepubescent to myself. still, the thin itty-bitty landing strip seems a bit too foreign/unnatural to me (not knocking it at all)-- but hey, how natural is a brazilian to begin with? perhaps the strip can be like a relocated happy trail, eh?

do others leave a patch? triangle?

just make sure you go somewhere that has experience to make your first time easy and relxing, i went full brazilian for mine, i have no experience with shapes. i would ask if shaping is more extensive (if that makes sense) because i find that area to be the most sensitive to waxing, imo. so i prefer i quick rip of the wax and to be done with it:blink:

If you don't want to go completely bare, you can have a little landing strip (think Adnan Ghalib's chin). :lol:

A few of my friends did it and hated it so much because it was uncomfortable and painful, but after their bfs got a taste of it (OK, wrong way to phrase that)...a glimpse of it...they preferred it and then alway wanted them to get it done.

Bottom line- it is your "area", so if you want to do it, do it! I am sure that he will love you either way! Plus, it will grow back!

I had read certain blogs where people called this a 'pussy chin' and for the life of me I couldn't work out what they meant - thank you cosmogrl5!!!! :P

Tend Skin is amazing. I used it when I used to shave and it worked great at eliminating bumps. Now I use it after being waxed (several days after also). :smile:

Here here for tend skin!! worth every penny and it lasts forever too.

Ummm...I'm all for a neat & tidy small triangle or landing strip. Full monty is too much for me. Thankfully BF doesn't seem to have a preference or even notice when I might get a little off schedule with waxings :sweatdrop:.

If you don't want to go completely bare, you can have a little landing strip (think Adnan Ghalib's chin). :lol:

A few of my friends did it and hated it so much because it was uncomfortable and painful, but after their bfs got a taste of it (OK, wrong way to phrase that)...a glimpse of it...they preferred it and then alway wanted them to get it done.

Bottom line- it is your "area", so if you want to do it, do it! I am sure that he will love you either way! Plus, it will grow back!
:lol:@ Adnan Ghalib ref! brazillian all the way for me!