Brazilain Wax anyone??

I had my first brazilian with the landing strip done about a year ago. And now I just get the whole lot taken off. Really it is not too painful, just suck in the pain girls. Just whack a bit of cream on after and away you go.I find it to be much more cleaner down there if you know what I mean.
The first time you will feel like a plucked chicken but after you have it done a few times it's nothing.

I am too chicken...I do have friends who do it and there is something that I always dislike about waxing, in between waxes you have to grow out the hair to a certain length for the wax to take correctly...
I am not one of those in between bush kinda girls...I'd never be able to grow it out! ; - )

yes, the hair has to be a very specific length, at least that what my girl told me as she was torturing me. Maybe shave about a week before, depending on how quickly your hair grows.

Actually, a lot of nail places will do it! But that doesn't mean you should go there. I've had bad jobs, wax on the table that ruined my shirt, the list goes on and on. I got Brazilians for YEARS. Spas are the best, or better hair salons are probably the best choice for a value.

Ask your friends. Someone will recommend someone. Then go and tell her what you want. Brazilian is NOT everything waxed. A lot of places call that a Californian! But if you tell her you don't want to see a hair anywhere, she'll know what you mean :yes:

Things to look for:

1. Someone who seems professional, compassionate, not in a big rush.
2. Someone who preferably wasn't doing nails just a moment before! (although sometimes thats just fine)
3. A clean salon, spa, or waxing room. If it's dirty, LEAVE.

What to expect:

1. To be there about 20 - 45 min.
2. To pay $35 - $65.
3. Perfectly smooth! Ask her to get any stray hairs. (A great waxer will tweeze them without being asked! It will hurt, but by then a lot down there will be kinda numb anyway.)
4. It will hurt. Visualize something, it will be over very soon.

How to prep:

1. Take 2 Advils 1 hour beforehand. (If you can take Advil.) Anti-inflamatories reduce swelling. Take it with a little food to lower chance of stomach upset.
2. Use a numbing cream. Look around a beauty supply store, or ask your waxer the first time you see her. Many do not have an opinion but don't mind if you use them.
3. Wear soft sweats and NO UNDERWEAR if you can. You will thank me for this.

After:

1. No baths or scolding hot showers, take it easy on roughed up skin!
2. Use an aloe vera gel afterwards.

It's really not so bad. I did it for about 6 years before I finally went and got lasered. Do it you'll be glad you did... I was addicted! :Push:

Can you tell me what's the going rate to have it lasered all off? Does it hurt? I've been waxing for years too and am considering getting it lasered...

Nad's has a bikini waxing kit, too. It's called Naughty Nad's.

Naughty Nad's

My question is: If you've never had a bikini wax before, wouldn't you want to go to a professional and have them do it?

Isn't that one of those "Warning: Don't try this at home!" type things?

(I bought the regular Nad's and tried it. It didn't work.)

i realy love it!! it hurts/stings a little each time but i love the finished look!! LOL i dont have e ingrown hair prob thank fully!! but yes u shld be picky abt who u go to for obvious reasons. i still like J sisters in NYC...

i've been having it done without fail ever since my friend introduced it to me 6yrs ago. i've heard of it before that, but only started as she highly recommended the place she went to (it's clean and the lady was experienced). i've now moved to montreal, but managed to find a lady who's even better. i also think that only the first one would hurt a little, but after that i think it's less painful.

If you live near a major city in the US, there will be a large international community somewhere, and if you can locate someone who is skilled in the technique of using sugar, there are several advantages over waxing.

It is an older, more traditional way of removing hair "there."

I would love to do it, but I am extremely self-conscious about having a stranger so ...intimate. I mean, if I had a killer model's bod, I wouldn't care. Anybody feel the same way?

I would love to do it, but I am extremely self-conscious...I mean, if I had a killer model's bod, I wouldn't care...

I think a lot of people, both men and women, but generally younger, feel that way to an extent, but if you think about it, it is kind of the same thing as saying you don't want to get a pedicure because you don't think you could be a foot model, or worrying that your gynecologist will smile you out the door and then walk away shaking her head and muttering "Whoa! That was one unsightly vagina! She would never make it as a Hustler centerfold! Not enough airbrushers in the world!"

The reality is that the client lists of people who work with other peoples' body parts are not made up of only fashion models, and no matter what flaws or idiosyncrasies your toes or fingernails or figure or private areas may have, especially if you choose someone with considerable experience, that experience will serve as your guarantee that whatever it is, your professional has seen worse, and probably seen it two or three times today before she even gets to you, and the only thing she will be thinking about is doing a good job on your pap smear or nail tips or hair removal, and as soon as you leave, she will be thinking about what in the world she is going to get her sister for her anniversary and wondering if she remembered to send DishNetwork a check, or if she should call and pay by phone...

I pretty much do what Angelfish suggested, I take ibuprofen beforehand and use the topical numbing cream Topicaine 1/2 hour beforehand with occlusion - meaning I use clingwrap to cover it and use scotch tape to tape it to my body. It really helps with the pain. :yes:

Actually, a lot of nail places will do it! But that doesn't mean you should go there. I've had bad jobs, wax on the table that ruined my shirt, the list goes on and on. I got Brazilians for YEARS. Spas are the best, or better hair salons are probably the best choice for a value.

Ask your friends. Someone will recommend someone. Then go and tell her what you want. Brazilian is NOT everything waxed. A lot of places call that a Californian! But if you tell her you don't want to see a hair anywhere, she'll know what you mean :yes:

Things to look for:

1. Someone who seems professional, compassionate, not in a big rush.
2. Someone who preferably wasn't doing nails just a moment before! (although sometimes thats just fine)
3. A clean salon, spa, or waxing room. If it's dirty, LEAVE.

What to expect:

1. To be there about 20 - 45 min.
2. To pay $35 - $65.
3. Perfectly smooth! Ask her to get any stray hairs. (A great waxer will tweeze them without being asked! It will hurt, but by then a lot down there will be kinda numb anyway.)
4. It will hurt. Visualize something, it will be over very soon.

How to prep:

1. Take 2 Advils 1 hour beforehand. (If you can take Advil.) Anti-inflamatories reduce swelling. Take it with a little food to lower chance of stomach upset.
2. Use a numbing cream. Look around a beauty supply store, or ask your waxer the first time you see her. Many do not have an opinion but don't mind if you use them.
3. Wear soft sweats and NO UNDERWEAR if you can. You will thank me for this.

After:

1. No baths or scolding hot showers, take it easy on roughed up skin!
2. Use an aloe vera gel afterwards.

It's really not so bad. I did it for about 6 years before I finally went and got lasered. Do it you'll be glad you did... I was addicted! :Push:

Kiss Me Deadly,
YOu should go to a day spa to have the procedure done. It is very intimate as someone else stated and that is why you must find someone you feel comfortable with. Don't be embarrassed as the technician does this service all day long and will be cool as a clam....no pun intended:roflmfao: . She will probablly just chat with you as if she were doing your nails! You will find that it is the most painful the first time. That I think is due to not only the concentration of hair but the shock factor as well. But once you get into the swing of things you'll find it's a no brainer! Like Suzie said "After you've done it a few times, it's nothing". I find that to be so true. I have been doing a "Smoothie" hehe...for many years ( I have actually had it lazered so now the only hair I have left to wax are the few faint blonde ones in the "tween" areas...heheheheheh I kill me!) and it is something that you get used to!

Go for it! You'll love the results and wonder how you ever did without it.