Brazilain Wax anyone??

Actually, a lot of nail places will do it! But that doesn't mean you should go there. I've had bad jobs, wax on the table that ruined my shirt, the list goes on and on. I got Brazilians for YEARS. Spas are the best, or better hair salons are probably the best choice for a value.

Ask your friends. Someone will recommend someone. Then go and tell her what you want. Brazilian is NOT everything waxed. A lot of places call that a Californian! But if you tell her you don't want to see a hair anywhere, she'll know what you mean :yes:

Things to look for:

1. Someone who seems professional, compassionate, not in a big rush.
2. Someone who preferably wasn't doing nails just a moment before! (although sometimes thats just fine)
3. A clean salon, spa, or waxing room. If it's dirty, LEAVE.

What to expect:

1. To be there about 20 - 45 min.
2. To pay $35 - $65.
3. Perfectly smooth! Ask her to get any stray hairs. (A great waxer will tweeze them without being asked! It will hurt, but by then a lot down there will be kinda numb anyway.)
4. It will hurt. Visualize something, it will be over very soon.

How to prep:

1. Take 2 Advils 1 hour beforehand. (If you can take Advil.) Anti-inflamatories reduce swelling. Take it with a little food to lower chance of stomach upset.
2. Use a numbing cream. Look around a beauty supply store, or ask your waxer the first time you see her. Many do not have an opinion but don't mind if you use them.
3. Wear soft sweats and NO UNDERWEAR if you can. You will thank me for this.

After:

1. No baths or scolding hot showers, take it easy on roughed up skin!
2. Use an aloe vera gel afterwards.

It's really not so bad. I did it for about 6 years before I finally went and got lasered. Do it you'll be glad you did... I was addicted! :Push:

Incredible advice Angelfish!!! do you suggest not to wear underwear because the pain will be that bad that you cant put them back on?

Does the hair have to be a certain length before its waxed? I assume you cant shave and go because then there will be nothing to wax...

The tweezing the stray hairs are is the thing that freaks me out... yikes..

I had one done last summer right before my vacation. It wasn't that painful, not as painful as going into labour and shooting out a baby with no epidural! BUT and this is a big BUT! BUT I became allergic to the wax, and was swollen and itchy everywhere where the wax had touched my skin. Let's just say my road trip with the kids for 10 days from Edmonton to Portland and back was not pleasant.

Take a patch test a couple of days before you get it done.

Incredible advice Angelfish!!! do you suggest not to wear underwear because the pain will be that bad that you cant put them back on?

Does the hair have to be a certain length before its waxed? I assume you cant shave and go because then there will be nothing to wax...

The tweezing the stray hairs are is the thing that freaks me out... yikes..

Thanks, girls should ALWAYS help each other out. We're sisters!

YES. You need enough hair for the wax to grab on to! Everyone's hair is different, but about 2 weeks is usually enough. Tweezing doesn't have to hurt if she's good, she'll pull it quick and remember your pores will already be shocked from the waxing! Only good waxers will do this, but come on, thats WHY YOU'RE THERE! You wanna be perfectly smooth.

Trust me... do it a couple days before a trip and you'll LOVE how you are smooth with no razor burn on your bikini line!

And yeah, undies rub up against us as we move. Not much, and we normally can't tell, but if you're all roughed up you will notice. And don't worry if you have a bunch of little red marks everywhere. You'll get a pinhead size pore of blood in some places because you just pulled a hair follicle out. It's normal and goes away.

WAXING HURTS, BUT THEN - so does most things we do. It's uncomfortable being a girl! LoL :supacool:

I had one done at a nail salon, I think the lady had never done one before me. It was so painful, I did not let her finish the job. I am thinking of going to a spa where they specialize in Brazilian wax.

i got them last summer (may-october). after that it got too expensive/time consuming. i went to a place that does only waxing and specializes in brazillians. for anyone in the pacific northwest i HIGHLY reccomend wax on. they're amazing.

it's really easy for brazillans (or any sensitive waxing) to go very very wrong so defininitely call around and get reccomendations. not to scare you, but i got a regular bikini wax in my hometown and the girl ripped out a chunk of skin! :wtf: i found out later that her speciality was nails. after that i only go to people who ONLY do waxing...

like angelfish said, DON'T wear underwear. sweats or a LONG skirt would be best. the first time you go it hurts, but goes numb after about the third strip. the subsequent waxes didn't hurt as much as the first. i took some advil 30 mins before my appt and it helped. make sure you exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate after 24 hours. (use those nubby spa gloves in the shower then an after care product with salicilic acid....i like the one from bliss labs) it is SO worth it. :graucho:

I can't believe I read this thread... I JUST (I mean 3 hours ago) got home from getting my 4th or 5th brazilian done. And I am here to tell you that if you can afford it... throw 60-70 bucks down a month and get it done! I did it for the first time a while back and honestly... I was hyper-ventilating cause I was sooo nervous!!! And yeah.. it hurt.. but I had a lot of girlfriends give me lots of tips... That it is going to hurt in the front.... not so much on the bikini line spot.. and not even a little bit "up the back" if you know what I mean? :nuts: And if you have a good waxer... aesthetitian... or whatever. She will tell you that there is a possibility that you won't be 100% bald on your first go... because if she is good.. she will take care of your skin. That's the most important part, that your skin doesn't get too irritated and worst case scenario... get pulled off. It can happen if you don't go to a good person. I WOULD TOTALLY reccomend NOT going to one of those nail/waxing places. And make sure you pick a place that doesn't use the "bubble gummy" wax. it's badnews.
I just moved up to a new area and I was SERIOUSLY picky about where I finally picked. I made them take me on a tour of the place and even asked to meet the girl that would be waxing me. Also... don't be freaked out if she has you get on all fours and hold your butt cheeks apart... HAHAHAH I swear it works the BEST! Don't be too nervous and don't think she is judging you. I have got a great relationship with my aesthetitian now and am addicted to getting it done! And you can wear underwear... but it can be weird if you don't get all the wax off and your underwear stick.. it's kinda sensitive down there.. so I would suggest some baggy sweats.. or a loose skirt thing or something. GOOD LUCK!!!! Oh... and honestly.. it sucks the first time.. but believe me... the second third and everytime after it gets easier and easier...

-sarah

oh yeah.. I got this after stuff called Newtrend .. i use it to keep the ingrowns away.. it works!

Also... don't be freaked out if she has you get on all fours and hold your butt cheeks apart... HAHAHAH I swear it works the BEST! Don't be too nervous and don't think she is judging you.

:roflmfao: Whoa.....

Thanks for the advice Sarah!