Brasso on zippers

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
Well I tried it. I used a q tip and carefully applied brasso (a little at a time) to the zip only, (not the gold plated pull as I think it will strip the plating). I did it in small sections and made sure not to get it on the material on the zipper or the leather. I then used the other side of the q tip to wipe it off and then buffed it with a silver jewelry cleaning cloth. It did a pretty good job and so much black stuff came off. My zipper shines now and it zips and unzips just as great as it did before! My wallet and mini pouchette looks refreshed!

MissAllyn

Jan 5, 2016
Well I tried it. I used a q tip and carefully applied brasso (a little at a time) to the zip only, (not the gold plated pull as I think it will strip the plating). I did it in small sections and made sure not to get it on the material on the zipper or the leather. I then used the other side of the q tip to wipe it off and then buffed it with a silver jewelry cleaning cloth. It did a pretty good job and so much black stuff came off. My zipper shines now and it zips and unzips just as great as it did before! My wallet and mini pouchette looks refreshed!

Exactly this!

If by chance you do see white residue from Brasso on the fabric portion of the zipper, it can be removed. Use a few drops of dish detergent diluted in small amount of warm water. Dampen a toothbrush in that mixture and gently scrub the fabric. Wipe away any suds with a dampened cloth.