Brass/gold tone bag charm - where?

oldbaglover

Jun 26, 2013
Missouri
I'm trying to find a brass/gold tone bag charm with the bit that actually attaches to the bag (not just a standard key ring)... But these are proving SO hard to find and the few I find on eBay are either awful designs or super expensive. I have no physical stores near me.

This is what I am looking for http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Coach-Si...omen_s_Accessories&hash=item2ed527dca0&_uhb=1 but not that design.

Any advice?
Wow, that charm is expensive! I have a small striped Hampton tote about 10 yrs old with one of those daisy tags on the the bead chain. I bet you can find some type of attachment if you check the craft stores.

Jltieman

Jltieman
Apr 23, 2014
Indiana
I'm trying to find a brass/gold tone bag charm with the bit that actually attaches to the bag (not just a standard key ring)... But these are proving SO hard to find and the few I find on eBay are either awful designs or super expensive. I have no physical stores near me.

This is what I am looking for http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Coach-Si...omen_s_Accessories&hash=item2ed527dca0&_uhb=1 but not that design.

Any advice?

I think that's a very reasonable price for a charm! I spent $600 on a bag charm 🙊🙈. So this seems reasonable for me.

Have you considered another brand? Or are you strictly wanting coach?

Regardless, good luck! And I hope you find exactly what you want. :smile:

aubergined

Mar 30, 2013
Northern Cal
i am not sure if this is what you are asking, but i remember there was a thread here on tpf about attaching the newer fobs to bags and someone recommended get dogleash clasps or swivels on amazon. I can't find the thread, but i did get a couple and am attaching a photo of one on my navy classic duffle. I have also attached a a fob with clasp fob as pictured on my british tan duffle.

Edit: Main photo didn't attach,

Attachments

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
I buy a keychain I want, then use another ring - it looks like a binder ring, to attach it to my bag. You can also buy a dogleash clip for around $1 at Tandy leather. There are also several styles that came with the clip instead of the keyring. All Juicy Couture keychains come with a clip and a ring. Here's some examples: 1. binder ring, 2. dogleash clip added 3. keychain with clip, 4. Juicy Couture keychain.

Attachments

Suzanne B.

Oct 12, 2012
OR fobs can be removed from the keyring itself and run a ball chain through the leather loop and attach to the bag.

Or if it is a style that has a chain attached, the ball chain can be run through the top link OR you can slightly open the top link and attach it to the bottom of a dog leash clip.

Jun 16, 2008
Australia
I buy a keychain I want, then use another ring - it looks like a binder ring, to attach it to my bag. You can also buy a dogleash clip for around $1 at Tandy leather. There are also several styles that came with the clip instead of the keyring. All Juicy Couture keychains come with a clip and a ring. Here's some examples: 1. binder ring, 2. dogleash clip added 3. keychain with clip, 4. Juicy Couture keychain.
I LOVE your taste in bags! I have a mini preston so might try the binder ring idea - where do you buy the binder ring from?

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
I LOVE your taste in bags! I have a mini preston so might try the binder ring idea - where do you buy the binder ring from?
Thank you! This one is in antiqued brass. I got it in a set of 3 antiqued brass, 3 antiqued nickel at Michael's but I didn't save the package. They didn't have it in regular brass/regular silver or I would have gotten it too. It is 1 1/2 inch across. I think these are similar:http://www.ebay.com/itm/7Gypsies-Cu...ED-PRICE-/281355069615?_trksid=p2054897.l4275 I think you might be able to use a hoop earring as long as the clasp is secure.

I also have some rings in brass and silver I got from ebay.