Brands you will buy again & again & why...

I love the following:
Rebecca Minkoff (either vintage (07 or earlier) or fall 09; I don't care for much in between, when they were having massive CS and QC problems!!)

Balenciaga... It's all about the leather for me....Balenciaga has such a great texture that makes a lovely puddle when you set it down.

ITA with these too! I love Balenciaga as well, even though I don't own any of their bags. I've been massively drooling and admiring them here, and on ladies who were lucky enough to own one. The leathers look so scrumptious!

I've started to like RM and even gotten the MAMM in pool. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to buy a mini Nikki. RM's bags have such beautiful designs/styles and the leather is lovely too. Not to mention, the color and lining choices are to die for.

Lockheart. The amount of work put in every one of their bags is incredible. When you get one, you just keep looking at the details and see more and more. They use beautiful leathers and the workmanship is impeccable. And every season there is something new that just doesn't look like anything else. They repeat themes in their bags, but every season is a fresh take. And they are not afraid of color.

I also love that they are designed by women, and when you carry one of their bags, you can tell. Straps that are long enough to put on your shoulder! Interior pockets that pretty much stay the same between designs so you know where your stuff is! Pretty, light colored interiors! This year, it seems to be about disguised outside pockets, which is just fun in addition to being practical.

And its a small business owned by the designers. How can you not love that part?

And finally, of all the bags I own, the Lockhearts get the lion's share of compliments. I don't know anyone who doesn't want her bag noticed for the right reasons! This is why I now own nine Lockhearts and am always looking!

Lockheart. The amount of work put in every one of their bags is incredible. When you get one, you just keep looking at the details and see more and more. They use beautiful leathers and the workmanship is impeccable. And every season there is something new that just doesn't look like anything else. They repeat themes in their bags, but every season is a fresh take. And they are not afraid of color.

I also love that they are designed by women, and when you carry one of their bags, you can tell. Straps that are long enough to put on your shoulder! Interior pockets that pretty much stay the same between designs so you know where your stuff is! Pretty, light colored interiors! This year, it seems to be about disguised outside pockets, which is just fun in addition to being practical.

And its a small business owned by the designers. How can you not love that part?

And finally, of all the bags I own, the Lockhearts get the lion's share of compliments. I don't know anyone who doesn't want her bag noticed for the right reasons! This is why I now own nine Lockhearts and am always looking!

What a fantastic review, pinkshoulders! You really make me want to check this brand out more...I have seen several of their bags that I like, in fact -- they are so unique!

#1 Balenciaga - leather (distressed w/ touch of shine), style (Citys & PTs) & colors (Dark & Pop colors)
#2 LV- love the Speedys, I'm waiting & dreaming for a Graphite Speedy, that's about it. I like their new styles like the Irene Mono, but it's way overpriced. I don't think it's worth the price, $3k.
#3 Hermes Evelyne Messenger Bag- very comfortable, simple yet classic. I want 1 more, the Etoupe Color w/ Clemence leather in PM or 2PM.
#4 Chanel, just 1 more, a mini RED flap for evening.:P

They are! I'd own more if I had more money! I know everyone says that Botkier bags are much nicer than the stock photos show them to be, but it really is true! I've seen a couple of Botkier bags that I just wrote off as seriously ugly from the store pics, but when people actually purchase them and model them, the bags look so good on them! I

I've heard great things about Botkier but everytime I see them on sale and want to try one out, I feel like they are just not very pretty bags. Maybe I will have to go check them out at a store because I have heard just so many great things about this brand.

As for brands I will always go back to... lets see...

LV is one of my favorites but really, its usually out of my price range unless I catch an awesome deal on the bay.

RM used to be one that I stood by, but their lack of CS and QC have really killed it for me. I will always admire their bags from now on, but probably won't buy another one even if it is on sale...

I will stand by Coach even though I am getting sick of seeing my bag on every teenage girl and their mother at the mall. They have good quality products and an excellent warranty.

There are no particular brands that Id buy again or again, the reason being is that I usually go for a style that catches my eye and I dont mind what brand it is, usually they arent that high end (usually departmental or mid range or just unusual brands I see when Im on holiday) and I dont search for a particular brand range. If I had the money however, I know Id continuously buy Bottega Veneta bags, in all shapes and sizes as they are the most beautiful and colourful and well made bags Ive ever seen. Im a big fan of BV.

All this raving about Botkier, made me check out their website & I gotta tell ya... The bags cost $600 and change! Add on another $400 and you are at an Italian Lambskin Balenciaga bag which has a distinguished look! Also it's made from Italian craftsmanship. Or, for the same additional $400 you can buy a YSL bag on sale @ Overstock.com. While the Botkier quality is superb, I think it is worth getting a more classic bag for the money. That's just MO ;)

As for the original question, I am one, who doesn't buy two of the same style bag as I get bored. I like buying all different brands for their unique qualities!

Louis Vuitton- quality and a large range (I can always find something there)
Balenciaga- quality not as good as LV, but I still love the leather and styles. I like how Balenciaga is understated.
Miu Miu- love everything Miu Miu; clothes, shoes and bags are all just me. All my Miu Miu stuff has been excellent quality too.

I aim to buy more Burberry in the future. I bought a leaher satchel a few months ago and can't believe the quality of the leather. And the design is great too. It's my first but don't expect it to be my last.

All this raving about Botkier, made me check out their website & I gotta tell ya... The bags cost $600 and change! Add on another $400 and you are at an Italian Lambskin Balenciaga bag which has a distinguished look! Also it's made from Italian craftsmanship. Or, for the same additional $400 you can buy a YSL bag on sale @ Overstock.com. While the Botkier quality is superb, I think it is worth getting a more classic bag for the money. That's just MO ;)

As for the original question, I am one, who doesn't buy two of the same style bag as I get bored. I like buying all different brands for their unique qualities!

That price range is similar to most other mid-range brands, so it's not particularly out of the ordinary. There's always the added bonus that mid-range brands go on sale too, so you can likely get a new bag from an authorised retailer for under $400 -- still much cheaper than getting that Balenciaga or on-sale YSL! YMMV when it comes to what's worth it and what's classic, of course... ;)