Brands other than MJ that you like

jenburgess

May 4, 2009
Hi All, I've noticed that the only bags I've been buying lately are MJ brand. I have some LV, vintage gucci, APC and some Lauren Merkin but I find that I'm not feeling other brands. I'm curious about what other brands you girls like and what other brands you feel are closest to MJ in style.

I was into LV before I got into MJ and I love both brands. I also have a Gucci bag (it's harder for me to find styles I like in Gucci), a couple of vintage Coach ( I like the older Coach styles and quality better) and some Vera Bradleys (love their duffel/miller bag for gym/beach bag and that I can throw them in the washer if I spilled liquids inside).

bags-wise, there isn't much. i like chanel, ysl, and proenza schouler. aside from a couple of flaps, i haven't bought anything from ysl lately and nothing from proenza. i'd be okay just admiring from afar too. all my disposable income goes to mj. it's one of the very few aspects in my life where i don't need or want variety. :smile:

I have been, at one time or another, madly in love with bags from Mulberry, Balenciaga, Chanel, Alexander McQueen & Miu Miu. I really love bags! Up until recently though, I've mostly only bought high street bags (mainly Topshop's higher end stuff) as I've always had guilt attacks about spending a lot on bags. I've recently come to realise that I can stop buying so many bags (I had approx. 150+ at one point!) and put the money towards more expensive ones I really like. Quality over quantity! I discovered MbyMJ was a good starting point for me & I've bought a few in the last few months. It's a brand that suits my style & price range at the moment.

ysl is one of my favs next to MJ. i like chloes, but they just aren't for me...so i admire from afar. i like miu miu and marni too, but have never been brave enough to go and buy one.

i had a brief affair with Louis Vuitton (and still have two speedys and a couple of small things) but my true love is MJ!

Gucci of course (most my bags)! I also like LV (2 bags and lots of small accessories). I am just starting with MBMJ and am liking MJ also.

Last edited:
I'm mostly an MJ gal, but I also own Botkier bags and love them. Of designers whose bags I don't own, I find myself drawn to Valentino and Chloe. Also, I like the look of some Tod's bags, but I don't think I'd ever buy one for myself - I guess I only like them on other people (I know...that sounds crazy).