brandnew jumbo beige claire - 2nd thoughts

LouisV76

O.G.
Nov 2, 2013
hi dear friends.
I purchased a brandnew jumbo in the classic beige last saturday. my DH got it for me for our 10th wedding anniversary in april. the idea was to get a black one (before price increase) but at the moment they are completely sold out. as we wanted to leave my SA showed up with this beautiful beige claire one. she said it is seasonal and very rare. and because I already have 2 black chanels my DH and my SA convinced me to get the beige one. she also said, if I don't wear black leather-jackets or dark jeans there souldn't be a problem with color transfer at all. I bought it, was sooooo happy and now I am a little scared of the light color. I have to say, I really baby my bags and never had an Issue (I also have a light LV Sofia Coppola bag in cream). what do you guys think - return and wait for the black one or keep the beautiful beige claire jumbo? does anybody here had problems with light colors from chanel? sorry - I know, new thread old problem. but I am a Chanel newbie and very thankfull for your help! xoxo

Hi! I'm not sure what country you're in but a black jumbo isn't that hard to find with a little patience. If the beige isn't what you want, return and wait. Beige is a color you need to take care of, it won't be as carefree as the black. If you were originally looking for something you could wear with light and dark colors and be a little carefree with, then the beige isn't a good option. I would've considered other dark colors like blue and dark green if I absolutely had to pick another color in place of the black jumbo. Good luck!

Last edited:
I have black and beige jumbos that I wear often and LOVE, both are Caviar. Simply don't wear the beige against things like Jeans that could wear off on it and you won't have an issue. In my opinion the Beige literally works with everything and is so very Classic, it's a must have.

Reactions: GiannaCC and Lola24
Beige Claire is a classic but even the caviar can have color transfers. The jumbo has a larger surface area which you may not be able to prevent it from bumping into ppl or things. If you don't mind taking care of your bags, then keep it; otherwise I'd return it and wait for a black one.

Reactions: BUIGOVA
Hi! I'm not sure what country you're in but a black jumbo isn't that hard to find with a little patience. If the beige isn't what you want, return and wait. Beige is a color you need to take care of, it won't be as carefree as the black. If you were originally looking for something you could wear with light and dark colors and be a little carefree with, then the beige isn't a good option. I would've considered other dark colors like blue and dark green if I absolutely had to pick another color in place of the black jumbo. Good luck!

It's not that hard to find a black jumbo - my SA told me she could put me on a list and I'd get one pretty fast. I thought I'd wear the black gst in winter and the jumbo from spring to autumn[emoji4] that was the idea.....

I have black and beige jumbos that I wear often and LOVE, both are Caviar. Simply don't wear the beige against things like Jeans that could wear off on it and you won't have an issue. In my opinion the Beige literally works with everything and is so very Classic, it's a must have.

thanks so much steffy! you really helped me a lot! [emoji8] that's what my SA also told me[emoji2] happydance! I think I'll keep it[emoji4]

Beige Claire is a classic but even the caviar can have color transfers. The jumbo has a larger surface area which you may not be able to prevent it from bumping into ppl or things. If you don't mind taking care of your bags, then keep it; otherwise I'd return it and wait for a black one.

thank you very much! the jumbo will be a bag for special occasions so I guess I'll be fine[emoji106] I don't want all my chanels in black....

It seems like you really do love the bag and the color and it's just that you want to prevent color transfer, which is a real thing... so one more thing to be mindful of is if you wear the bag against materials like wool in dark color, not all but sometimes the color can rub off if it's banging against/rubbing against your bag. it's hard to tell but basically when you are wearing darker color clothing where the material "might" be one where color might sometimes not adhere well on (depending on the dye process..) then just be mindful of having your bag hang against it and you should be fine. I tend to get smaller size bags in light colors because I would prefer to carry it doubled up on my shoulders (or against a long shirt tucked out that's not a color transfer concern over the jeans/pants if I cross body it), or I would like to hold it by grabbing on the chains so that it's sort of hand held by the chain (and I can only do that if the bag is small enough). A light color Chanel is a really nice thing to have though so as long as you're thoughtful on "how" you use it (which you would likely get used to your own way over time), you should be able to enjoy this beautiful bag!!

Reactions: BUIGOVA
I have 2 beige claires (m/l and a jumbo) and I have never had any issues with color transfer. I wear them with denim and dark colors, basically with whatever strikes me. I do, however, spray light colored bags with a protectant spray, just to be on the safe side. I also make sure denim and dark clothes have been washed at least a few times before wearing with a light colored bag. In the beginning I worried about color transfer, but I decided to just use and enjoy my bags, and if needed I would use my emergency stash of alcohol-free baby wipes (if you get to the color transfer fast, these should be able to take it off).

hi dear friends.
I purchased a brandnew jumbo in the classic beige last saturday. my DH got it for me for our 10th wedding anniversary in april. the idea was to get a black one (before price increase) but at the moment they are completely sold out. as we wanted to leave my SA showed up with this beautiful beige claire one. she said it is seasonal and very rare. and because I already have 2 black chanels my DH and my SA convinced me to get the beige one. she also said, if I don't wear black leather-jackets or dark jeans there souldn't be a problem with color transfer at all. I bought it, was sooooo happy and now I am a little scared of the light color. I have to say, I really baby my bags and never had an Issue (I also have a light LV Sofia Coppola bag in cream). what do you guys think - return and wait for the black one or keep the beautiful beige claire jumbo? does anybody here had problems with light colors from chanel? sorry - I know, new thread old problem. but I am a Chanel newbie and very thankfull for your help! xoxo

The black is everywhere while the beige claire is now only seasonal so it's a special piece. I have both but my heart skips a beat every time I look at my jumbo beige claire! It's just so elegant and classy...Ahhhh, I love mine to pieces! Haven't had any color transfer issues but I also avoid wearing it with any blue denim jeans or highly saturated tops.

Since you already have 2 black Chanels, keep the beige claire Jumbo! You will not regret it. Especially in hot weather and with light colored clothes you will enjoy the beige claire one. Two black Chanels and one light colored one sounds perfect and like a well balanced little Chanel collection - much better than having 3 black Chanels. ;)

Reactions: GiannaCC
It seems like you really do love the bag and the color and it's just that you want to prevent color transfer, which is a real thing... so one more thing to be mindful of is if you wear the bag against materials like wool in dark color, not all but sometimes the color can rub off if it's banging against/rubbing against your bag. it's hard to tell but basically when you are wearing darker color clothing where the material "might" be one where color might sometimes not adhere well on (depending on the dye process..) then just be mindful of having your bag hang against it and you should be fine. I tend to get smaller size bags in light colors because I would prefer to carry it doubled up on my shoulders (or against a long shirt tucked out that's not a color transfer concern over the jeans/pants if I cross body it), or I would like to hold it by grabbing on the chains so that it's sort of hand held by the chain (and I can only do that if the bag is small enough). A light color Chanel is a really nice thing to have though so as long as you're thoughtful on "how" you use it (which you would likely get used to your own way over time), you should be able to enjoy this beautiful bag!!

I have 2 beige claires (m/l and a jumbo) and I have never had any issues with color transfer. I wear them with denim and dark colors, basically with whatever strikes me. I do, however, spray light colored bags with a protectant spray, just to be on the safe side. I also make sure denim and dark clothes have been washed at least a few times before wearing with a light colored bag. In the beginning I worried about color transfer, but I decided to just use and enjoy my bags, and if needed I would use my emergency stash of alcohol-free baby wipes (if you get to the color transfer fast, these should be able to take it off).

The black is everywhere while the beige claire is now only seasonal so it's a special piece. I have both but my heart skips a beat every time I look at my jumbo beige claire! It's just so elegant and classy...Ahhhh, I love mine to pieces! Haven't had any color transfer issues but I also avoid wearing it with any blue denim jeans or highly saturated tops.

If you already have black Chanels.. than the beige one is definitely a must in your collection. Just be carefully not to use the bag when you wear dark clothes...

if you have a black GST stick with the beige SO pretty!

Since you already have 2 black Chanels, keep the beige claire Jumbo! You will not regret it. Especially in hot weather and with light colored clothes you will enjoy the beige claire one. Two black Chanels and one light colored one sounds perfect and like a well balanced little Chanel collection - much better than having 3 black Chanels. ;)

good morning!
thank you all so much for your answers! you really helped me a lot!!![emoji8] I decided to keep this beauty[emoji7] now she has to go back into her box as our anniversary is in april[emoji51][emoji12][emoji2]IMG_1484649743.378598.jpg

and one pic together with her friendsIMG_1484649788.118619.jpg

have a wonderful day!

I have beige Clair jumbo and I LOVE it..better than my black one ...no color transfer for me..I wear it all year round, with black,leather pants etc and it's fine...but, Iam very aware and conscious protecting it

Reactions: cherrybelly