Brand to watch - Notting Hill Design

saskia

Jan 26, 2007
I just saw two pieces today on Notting Hill Design - one in the FT How to Spend It magazine and one on the Vanity Fair website (pasted below)- http://www.vanityfair.co.uk/AList/Default.aspx?SequenceID=4

I saw their bags when they first launched and while they were beautiful bags they weren't quite my thing - but I love the look of this clutch bag - has anyone else heard much about what they're doing?

THE LOLA CLUTCH
My favourite evening bag has just died. Loyally sticking by my side as I twirled through the night, my tooled leather bag was so love-worn that it was verging on abuse. So I've been on the hunt for a replacement, the most important criteria being that it should look deceptively tiny. Girlfriends were always mesmerised when I'd play Mary Poppins with my recently deceased bag; from this tiny leather envelope would come an enormous bottle of scent, a full sized hairbrush, a travel candle and maybe a half-eaten sandwich. But after a thorough hunt, I think I've found it. Handmade by Florentine artisans, the Lola clutch is a silvery-gold metallic colour, always a great neutral. Designed by architecturally-trained Kimberly Yurisich, the effortless shape and vintage-style diamante clasp make it immediately timeless. But the Lola clutch has only been made as a limited edition of twenty, so go and get one . . . sharpish.

www.nottinghilldesign.com

12/10/2007

The Lola's lovely, but, unfortunately, not for me as snakes are skinned alive. :sad:

The other bags aren't really my style, TBH; too ladylike and conservative.

Shame they don't do the Lola in other, non exotic, leathers. :shrugs: