Brand threads... opinions?

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
I know the gals over at tFS have done it, I am also tending to make a few sticky threads that will be devoted to discussions on certain brands. Mainly LV, Chloe, Balenciaga come to mind, as we've seen tons and tons of thread about the same subjects appear in the past weeks.

Opinions?

I do lurk over there and my one complaint about those threads is that they get so huge that it is difficult to go back and read. I usually go to the last page and maybe jump 10 back or start at page 1 and read 10 pages forward but I have never made it to the middle of them;) Here I guess it would be so bad since I would be in on it from the beginning.
Just MHO

I was actually thinking of that yesterday, good idea. You could add a thread about up and coming designers or lesser known ones to give people a heads up on great styles, leathers, colors, etc.

It is a good idea; the trick is to archive the threads in an archive forum after they reach a certain length- let's say 50-75 pages; this also keeps your servers happy.

Bagpuss said:
I do lurk over there and my one complaint about those threads is that they get so huge that it is difficult to go back and read. I usually go to the last page and maybe jump 10 back or start at page 1 and read 10 pages forward but I have never made it to the middle of them;) Here I guess it would be so bad since I would be in on it from the beginning.
Just MHO
Actually I agree with you, I have the same problem with tFS... it gets annoying that the threads grow in the 100s of pages. I have another idea, I'm going to create subforums for a few brands... that way it'll be more organized.

is there a way to set it up so that if I go into a thread I've already read, it jumps to the next unread message automatically? I hate navigating through pages and pages etc.

Thanks!