Brand new Mini Mac has ripped lining!

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
So I just bought a new Mini Mac today. It was not a return, totally brand new! 5 minutes ago I took out all the tissue paper to find the very bottom of the bag has a complete long hole in the lining. Looks like it was never even sewn!! The color is now on sale so there are not many left and I liked the leather on the one I got. Do you think I should just bring it somewhere to have it sewn together?? I dunno what to do. I never thought I would need to now check the lining inside before purchasing :-s

rip1.jpg

rip2.jpg

Well, I would say return it and get another one, especially since they are on sale now. But you said you liked the leather on this one, so I'm not sure I would do that. Where did you buy it? I might take it back up there and show it to them. They should at least give you a credit for the difference in the sale price. Possibly even more of a credit if you want to keep that one and sew it.

*~*Oh no!! I'm so sorry that happened to you! You should contact the store you bought it from & let them know what happened...maybe they have more and you can exchange this one?? Good luck ;) *~*

SB - sorry to hear that!! i say definitely contact the store/website u got this from and see what they can do for you - even if it's a "no returns" - i would think there would be an exception to defective merchandise!!

It was from Bloomingdales and the bag had no prior sticker on the tag so I know it wasn't a return and it still had some plastic wrapping. Crazy that quality control didnt see that the whole lining was completely ripped open. Bloomingdales barely has this color anymore because it was on sale. I see Nordstrom has it but I wonder if they can price match, 30% off. It would actually be better to buy there because I also have a $40 gift card that I can use. I will go there today and see.

It was from Bloomingdales and the bag had no prior sticker on the tag so I know it wasn't a return and it still had some plastic wrapping. Crazy that quality control didnt see that the whole lining was completely ripped open. Bloomingdales barely has this color anymore because it was on sale. I see Nordstrom has it but I wonder if they can price match, 30% off. It would actually be better to buy there because I also have a $40 gift card that I can use. I will go there today and see.

Yep, Nordstrom will pricematch. I've had them do it over online chat before.

UPDATE: So Nordstrom's version of the chocolate was an entirely different color!!! Really dark brown, almost like a wine colored brown. Strange huh, because the tag does indeed say Chocolate. Anyway, I wound up taking the bag back to Bloomingdales and showing the SA. They offered to have their seamstress sew it for me, free of charge of course. Took 5 minutes and it's perfect now! :smile:

UPDATE: So Nordstrom's version of the chocolate was an entirely different color!!! Really dark brown, almost like a wine colored brown. Strange huh, because the tag does indeed say Chocolate. Anyway, I wound up taking the bag back to Bloomingdales and showing the SA. They offered to have their seamstress sew it for me, free of charge of course. Took 5 minutes and it's perfect now! :smile:

Glad to hear it, and your bag looks great on you! :smile:

Oh wow! That's awesome. Glad it worked out. Your mini looks really great on you. Love the leather, the color and hw. Great choice!