Brand New LV vs. Pre-Loved LV

Aug 12, 2008
Hi fellow LVites!

Just curious if any of you will only buy brand new LV vs. buying previous-owned LV?
I have only bought brand new and think I can never warm up to a "used" LV item coming from an other owner - does anyone feel the same?? :shame:

I also go for the brand new bags. If a discontinued bag that I really, really wanted came up I might get it but I like being the only owner. I like to cause scuffs and stains and patina, would feel a bit weird if somebody else had done that for me.

Same difference to me.. there's something great about having a new bag, but I think it's also awesome to save a little bit of money with a pre-loved bag! :yes:

I dunno...if I could find a "pre-loved" bag/accessory for a great deal that was in great condition why not? All the savings could go towards another bag all together...which come on...is a GREAT thing

I can see why someone would only like brand new. I've bought direct a few times, and it actually feels good when you are the first owner of the bag or accessory.

However, I'm always up for a bargain, so getting pre-loved doesn't bother me, esp. when I find that the boutique experience is sub-par to my expectations. As long as the bag isn't heavily dirty/smelly/broken, I'm totally fine with getting a gently used bag. I've seen some pretty beat up bags on ebay that make me want to stay away! :sweatdrop:

I dunno...if I could find a "pre-loved" bag/accessory for a great deal that was in great condition why not? All the savings could go towards another bag all together...which come on...is a GREAT thing

I agree.

i only have 1 preloved bag, my vanilla epi speedy 25. discountinued so no other way to attain it. :smile::heart:

I'm also a brand new girl. If something was discontinued, rare, or a very good deal, then I would purchase used. Otherwise, I'm with soul2squeeze, I like to cause whatever marks I get on my bag myself...feels weird if I don't know where it came from.

I prefer to be the original owner, too. If a bag is still in production, I much prefer to buy it new. I wouldn't rule-out a current item that is previously-owned if it's still new, though (meaning, if someone bought it new and it just sat in the closet unused).

For items that are discontinued and are no longer available through LV, I am open to pre-owned but only if it shows little evidence of use. If it has any stains, markings, or more than minimal patina, I steer clear. That limits my choices, I would have a hard time making the item "mine" if the previous owner left indelible marks of her own personality on it.

I'm a little of both. I really love buying brand new, but I just received a should-have-been-pre-loved Poche Toilette 26. It was a wedding gift, and the wedding was cancelled! So it's in perfectly brand new condition, with everything included, and so I don't feel as weird that I didn't buy it from the store. It's my only pre-loved piece, but I would do it again if everything was right. It was also nice to save a bit of money to put towards my Pochette wallet!

I have only purchased new.....personally I am too nervous about fakes to buy anything pre-owned..but I agree with madge_168, if it was in good condition and I knew it was authentic I don't see why not...!

Just got my first pre-loved, she's in GREAT condition and just love her. She has a faint mark on her vachetta bottom (cabas piano) but I would do that anyway, I'm not that careful with my bags to prevent the little things like that. But yeah, I thought it would be weird, but you can't beat a great deal...plus I had been waiting for the "right one" for 6 months now since looking on ebay. I didn't settle for just any one...plus a lot of women you can tell will sell some that are have practically never been worn. wouldn't you like shaving a few hundred dollars off for a perfect one? hmm mmm!