Brand new Easy Caviar or preloved classic?

rougevolupte

Jun 7, 2010
Hello ladies,

I would love some of your opinions and insight on my bag dilemma.

I don't yet have a Chanel in my collection and it's a big year this year (turning the big 3-0, welcoming our 1st baby, new job and new house!) so I really want to commemorate it by buying a bag that I can see myself carrying years n years from now.

I really like the look (and the price) of the jumbo Easy Caviar flap. If I were to get this bag, I'd probably get it in the beige. However, I've also found a preloved Jumbo (black caviar w shw) and a preloved Maxi (grey patent w shw). Both are more expensive than the Easy Caviar obviously, but the Maxi and Jumbo are around the same price.

My question is which one of these bags would you get? The Jumbo seems the most 'classic' but I'd be getting an awesome deal on the Maxi. My one concern with the Maxi is the size, as I'm only 5'2, 130lbs. On the other hand, the Easy Caviar flap is brand new and easiest on the wallet.

Please help!

I actually am having the same dilemma as you are right now. I personally like the easy caviar more since I prefer having a zipper to secure all of my belongings in, but the only downside is the fabric lining instead of leather inner lining.
If you are comfortable with spending the extra money, then by all means go for the classic jumbo because it will be a classic bag/piece for years to come. (I'm around 5 feet and the maxi is HUGE on me, so I would recommend the jumbo) pay the extra little money for a bag that you will love and wear for a LONG time, don't by a bag that you are not totally content with just to save a little money (I've learnt that lesson myself). Hope my opinion helps! :smile:

I would suggest starting with the Easy Caviar and continue saving for a classic. This will give you more time to find the perfect classic for you (size, color, hardware, etc). Classics will always be around, new or preowned. The Easy Caviar is a beautiful everyday bag.

I was contemplating to get the easy caviar, but after seeing it irl, I have decided to pass. The leather is too soft on a big bag like that and no sheen at all. If you ultimately want a classic, save the money for it. :smile: Good luck deciding!

I personally prefer first Chanel to get is Caviar Jumbo Classic Flap. It's long lasting style, classy, and useful. The Easy Caviar Flap is very nice on the price point, but it's fabric lining, shorter chain and no back pocket. It's nice to add easy caviar into collection when you already have some classic flap.

Totally agree!

It also depends what you will be mostly using the bag for. Causal every day wear or dinners and going out?
Have you looked into a medium/large caviar? Its a great first bag and very versatile!

I personally prefer first Chanel to get is Caviar Jumbo Classic Flap. It's long lasting style, classy, and useful. The Easy Caviar Flap is very nice on the price point, but it's fabric lining, shorter chain and no back pocket. It's nice to add easy caviar into collection when you already have some classic flap.

Most women altimately want to own a classic to feel "satisfied". More investment is definitely worth the fulfillment. Focus on what you really want and don't stray off course spending along the way. After you get your dream bag, then it's easier to save up for the less expensive ones.

Depends on your lifestyle and personality. Do you like to change bags often? I do so, instead of one classic bag I am getting a easy flap for weekend/night and gst for everyday.

Are you also looking to resell later down the road? If you are maybe the jumbo will be better.

I would buy a brand new from the dept store/boutique than spend the same amount of money (or possibly more) on a used bag. there is always a question on authenticity and condition doing the preloved route. and I cannot drop that kind of money with these risks in mind. the easy caviar is a really great bag! I have it in the cobalt blue while I have several classics as well. I am eyeing on the upcoming pink in the smaller size. GL!

I would buy a brand new from the dept store/boutique than spend the same amount of money (or possibly more) on a used bag. there is always a question on authenticity and condition doing the preloved route. and I cannot drop that kind of money with these risks in mind. the easy caviar is a really great bag! I have it in the cobalt blue while I have several classics as well. I am eyeing on the upcoming pink in the smaller size. GL!

+1. I'm definitely with you.:smile:

I would go for the classic flap first. My friend has an easy caviar flap & the leather compare to my jumbo caviar is just not the same. The leather & chain strap feels a little cheap, plus the cloth lining, but then again, you can't complain about the price. Save your money for the classic flap.

My vote would be for the classic jumbo. With the price increases for the classics, it's best to bite the bullet and just buy now if you think you will likely be buying a classic in the future. (When I bought my first Chanel I thought that would be the only one - how wrong I was! One is never enough.)

Definitely start with a classic. You can work your way down price-wise to the seasonal items. There will be other life occasions that you can celebrate by buying more Chanel bags!

Good luck deciding!

Have u tried on both bags and felt the weight diff?? Jumbo is significantly heavier than the easy caviar.. I can see easy caviar as an everyday bag with the baby n everything... :smile:
Patiently waiting for the easy caviar in small to arrive!