brand new bbag ruined

op1

O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
i'm so embarrassed to even post this on here but, i figured, where else can i get serious expert advice but from you guys. So my brand new besace arrived, with the sides cinched and sewn in-I have never received a besace like that before. I thought that was strange. So without thinking, stupid me went and cut off the thread holding one side together and 3 stitches came off!!!!!!!!! i don't know what to do now.:crybaby: I obviously cannot return the bag. Can i glue in the loose thread?? Help me!!!

there was only one stitch on each side, i haven't cut the other. i can't believe the stitching would come lose from this.. it obviously need to be taken out as you cannot wear the bag with cinched sides. i don't even know how to explain it. i tried uploading the pics, they were too big.

there was only one stitch on each side, i haven't cut the other. i can't believe the stitching would come lose from this.. it obviously need to be taken out as you cannot wear the bag with cinched sides. i don't even know how to explain it. i tried uploading the pics, they were too big.

If they're too big to upload to PF, you can upload them to an imagehost like Photobucket.com or Imageshack.us. Then all you have to do is include the photo link in your post here :yes:

At the top of the besace on either side of the opening, are two stitches to stop the bag gaping open (the besace doesn't have a closure mechanism). All the GH besaces I've seen have these stitches... I'm not familiar with RH besaces.

Should be pretty to easy to fix though! A shoe repair shop, or even your tailor will do it (not all work with leather, however).

Jira - thanks for the tip. Here's the pic: http://img15.imageshack.us/i/img0689x.jpg/

chunkylover53 - what??!! i had no idea i'm not supposed to remove it or am i? i have an RH besace that didn't come with the side stitches.. i'm new to bal and feel so stupid about this. But feel so much better now after reading everyone's responses. I appreciate everyone's advice. BTW, I found a local European Shoe/Handbag Repair shop. I hope they can fix my bag.