Brainstorm: Any ideas we could propose to reformat the forum?

hya_been

Dec 11, 2008
My two things were either move the sizing guide to this part and remove one of the current stickies either outfit or celebrity threads?

Or maybe make a sticky with newbie in the title and have links to helpful threads in there...and allow for questions. Maybe cut back on the repetition we see so much?

I like the newbie thread with links.

We could move the collection thread to the library or we could unsticky the celeb thread. I don't care, but hya.... good suggestions.

You know, I do find this a little harsh, we all were new at one point, and we all had to start out somewhere. I understand the redundancy throughout the forum, but if new users aren't looking for the correct information in the correct location now, chances are they are still not going to if there is a new sub-section. JMHO.

The thing is they tend to not do a search and even though we do have a newbie thread they never seem to go in. I pulled a newbie yesterday in the lv forum and felt like an idiot. Lately there have been a huge influx of the same thread over and over so if there's a sticky that can easily be seen ( because otherwise they won't see it or search it) it can clear up the thread traffic and give them a place to
learn and ask ?s

I agree w/ Noah, members really need to remind themselves to be more tolerant. I come in here to help everyday or 2 and I actually notice more tPF veterans starting repetitive threads than newbies - ESPECIALLY sizing questions. We actually took away join date and post count for a few months to get people to stop looking. . . how long and how many posts should never matter.

That said :biggrin:
I have always tried very hard to help keep this forum organized and no one has PMd me asking for help w/ this{?} CL doesn't have a Mod, if you want something done you'll need to come to me, I just happened to find this thread today.
I have an 'issue' w/ stickies. I've moderated and Admin'd 2 of the web's largest forums and one thing I've learned is too many stickies is bad. I don't like to see more than 5-7 per forum.
Also, you guys don't report many things at all. I really depend on y'all more than you know. If there's duplicate threads or off topic threads, please report them and let me tidy up :tender

I love having the outfit and celeb thread stickied. I know they would stay on the front page, or at worst, a page back if they weren't stickied but I like having them easily accessible.

I know there is a limit on stickies but since sizing issues come up frequently, it seems like having the sizing thread stickied would be a good idea. That said, I don't mind answering sizing questions either though. Could we just allow people to ask without closing the thread and always pointing them to the sizing thread? Those that want to answer can or they can just be linked. Personally, I never answer in the sizing thread. I am more likely to answer on the main forum as a question comes up. Especially if it is in reference to shoes I am familiar with.

Just my two cents!

Swanky since you have popped in, if you read this, is there any way we can add a subsection, like the Reference Library, where we can post all the buyng information? Like the Sales threads, the D&S sticky, maybe the D&S chat thread sticky, Boutique information thread, reputable CL sellers.... Just an idea to help organize the thread a little better.

we can't have a sizing thread stuck and then let people post 30 new sizing questions/day. It doesn't make sense. People need to go to the sizing thread and use the handy "search this thread" tool on the top right corner of the thread and search for the style they're interested in :yes: This website is SOOOO busy that we need to keep it kind of tightly managed or it'll quickly become a mess.

KWIM?

I still consider myself a newbie, (I just found out I could search within a thread, and it takes a while to learn how to do a search meaning you must put in the correct word to find what you are looking for) but even I am a little tired of seeing new sizing and "are these Louboutins real" threads started. With that said I was in the Bottega Veneta thread and saw this under their reference thread: Bottega Veneta FAQ and care Reference: Please read me FIRST for BV Basics and FAQs! - The BV Newbies Guide. And to be fair buying Louboutins is a different expierence due to the varied sizing issues. I hope this helps.:flowers:

Yes!!! Then the authentication thread can go there, and the fakes thread as well. All the "Buying" CL information can go there.

I also think that that will also get people to notice there is a Reference Library section also. I think it is not that noticable since there is only one thing in the section, but if there was something with it it would attract attention, if that makes sense!

Swanky, I agree that too many stickies just dilutes them and makes them seem transparent. I am guilty of overlooking stickies.
The situation is somewhat of a Catch-22 because newbies have questions but they don't yet know all the 'ins and outs' of the forum. The search SEEMS easy enough to use but it can be daunting as a newbie. There are a lot of useful features on this board but that can get lost easily to someone who isn't already very familiar with it.

I guess what I'm saying is, I understand why people don't use the search or find the right thread right away.