Brad Pitt

I don't know what the reason behind their divorce was but I do know this much, Angelina,(no matter how beautiful) can't take all the blame for Brad and Jen's dissolution. In other words there was problems there before she came around, that was left unresolved.

I'm a big fan of Brad and Angelina together - I don't know why, I just warm to them better than Brad and Jen. And Jen is really getting on my nerves now - I understand completely that she has the right to be upset - the break-up of a marriage is always sad, no matter what the reason - but she's just milking it for sympathy now.

IMHO Tom Cruise is far more dangerous - and I do mean dangerous.

Irissy said:
Omg... he was like the Sun God in that movie!!! That build body of his and the glistering long blonde hair... omg I'm having goosebumps as I speak! :love: :lol:

YES! :love: That movie gave me my appreciation for Brad Pitt:nuts: ...until then I wasn't impressed:lol:

i really like brand and angelina - she is always so articulate and intelligent in interviews, and you don't get that in hollywood a lot. she may have done some strange things in the past, but it seems like she is really at peace with herself about her decisions. i also agree that once they're separated, he's not obligated to jen anymore, because usually a relationship is really over a long time before a separation, and i think that's particularly true in hollywood, since going public with something is such a circus.

we can't ever know the truth because of the nature of the relationship, but it's wrong to expect someone to stay in a relationship that they don't want to be in. good for brad for realizing he wanted something else and getting a divorce so they could both go on with their lives.

Irissy said:
Omg... he was like the Sun God in that movie!!! That build body of his and the glistering long blonde hair... omg I'm having goosebumps as I speak! :love: :lol:

Oh yessssss....and I also loved him in Meet Joe Black :love: and every other movie he's ever made! :biggrin:

jane said:
IMO he could have used birth control for 10 minutes out of respect to his ex-wife.

That's ridiculous and old-fashioned. He is free to do whatever he pleases once he is separated from his ex-wife and has no obligation to not have children with someone else. The only obligation he does have is to be legally divorced before he legally remarries. That's it.

My brother's ex-wife stalled for YEARS before finally giving him a legal divorce, and thankfully he went on with his life and found a girlfriend (and now fiancee) who is much healthier for him.
I think judging my opinion as ridiculous is uncalled for - I am entitled to it and let's lighten up and remember this topic is called "Celebrity Gossip" (pretty much of a no-brainer) I am not in favor of anyone staying in a bad relationship but I am in favor of some decorum (old fashioned or not).

SuzyZ said:
I think judging my opinion as ridiculous is uncalled for - I am entitled to it and let's lighten up and remember this topic is called "Celebrity Gossip" (pretty much of a no-brainer) I am not in favor of anyone staying in a bad relationship but I am in favor of some decorum (old fashioned or not).

I'd have to agree with you. I'm not too fond of Brad, either. I mean, he's good looking, but I never really knew his personality. Also, rumors of him and soap not being too friendly, peeved me. :sick: But now, I truly have distaste for both him and her. I think it was so shameful they ran around, they pretended they weren't together. Like when he went with her to some third world country, I forget which, acting like he was there to help. No, you were just there to get busy. Ok, now you're a cheater and liar. I think, though, the media and people don't see it that way because he is handsome. If weren't famous for being so great looking, I'd think everyone would be calling him a dog. I also think if Jolie wasn't beautiful (I don't think she is, but I never did. It's an opinion) people would be calling her a "whore" or a "home wrecker". I just think being good looking, even when your not a celeb, gives you a lot of slack in our society which perfers flesh to morals. If it wasn't true, people like Paris Hilton wouldn't be famous. hehehe I feel bad for Jen, because I think he should have been man enough to tell her he loved someone else. She looked so hurt and shocked. Just my 2 cents.

amanda said:
i really like brand and angelina - she is always so articulate and intelligent in interviews, and you don't get that in hollywood a lot. she may have done some strange things in the past, but it seems like she is really at peace with herself about her decisions. i also agree that once they're separated, he's not obligated to jen anymore, because usually a relationship is really over a long time before a separation, and i think that's particularly true in hollywood, since going public with something is such a circus.

we can't ever know the truth because of the nature of the relationship, but it's wrong to expect someone to stay in a relationship that they don't want to be in. good for brad for realizing he wanted something else and getting a divorce so they could both go on with their lives.

:love: I agree!!

Does anyone know how long Brad and Jen were separated (Not Divorced) for? Hasn't it already been a year? I think that when you break up, you've already been thinking about how you aren't attracted to this person for a while, so why would you have to wait?

I thought Brad & Jen made a really cute couple and they seemed to "have it all". Then I saw those reports about Brad going off to Africa on several occassions (to bring awareness to poverty and famine problems). IMHO, he probably longed for a partner who shared his passion for Africa and his charity work. At the time the only news on Jen was her movie career. And did anyone else ever see that Oprah interview where she asked Brad about something he'd said to a magazine about "not being sure whether two people (they) were truely meant to be together forever"? I don't know about you, but my antenna would go up and I'd be :cry: if my husband said something like that ... and in public too. Anyways .... gossip is gossip :amuse:

I think the odds of the survival of any relationship that is under as much scrutiny as the ones mentioned is somewhere between slim and none. And I don't think the celebrities mentioned put much weight on the phrase "till death do us part". I don't mean that as a slam at all, it just seems like they are in it until it is no longer any fun or until the ride is over. Not everyone views marriage the same way.

That being said, Tom Cruise does scare me. His views are completely foreign to me. I hope that Katie Holmes does not get depressed after giving birth, for her sake. Child birth is not easy, and even if she has all of the help that money can buy, she'll still look 6 months pregnant after giving birth. It sucks, but it is the truth.

spicepearl said:
I thought Brad & Jen made a really cute couple and they seemed to "have it all". Then I saw those reports about Brad going off to Africa on several occassions (to bring awareness to poverty and famine problems). IMHO, he probably longed for a partner who shared his passion for Africa and his charity work. At the time the only news on Jen was her movie career. And did anyone else ever see that Oprah interview where she asked Brad about something he'd said to a magazine about "not being sure whether two people (they) were truely meant to be together forever"? I don't know about you, but my antenna would go up and I'd be :cry: if my husband said something like that ... and in public too. Anyways .... gossip is gossip :amuse:
I totally remember that Oprah interview and agree with you 100%..if that was my hubby saying that he's be walking around with one testicle. Reminds me of what Matt Damon pulled on the Oprah show with Minnie Driver!

I actually read or heard BP say that exact same thing in an interview. I remember hearing him say it and being dumbfounded then apparently she said it as well. Maybe that was their mantra?