BPA Free Plastic Water Bottles!

Coldplaylover

Mar 8, 2006
Thank God my favorite water bottle maker Camelbak is stocking the shelves with the new BPA free ones after reading all the scary stuff......remember, no #7 in the triangle on the bottom of the new bottles.

I don't really worry too much about this.

The lab conditions that concluded that BPA can leach into water aren't really conditions your water bottle would encounter in day to day life. And, the negative effects were only seen in rats, which are very different that humans.

My water bottle at work is #7 with a triangle. Is that THAT awful? It may lead to health concerns, but so does driving in traffic with all the gas fumes, being out in the sun too long, and eating fast food (which I don't consume).

I don't buy the BPA thing either. Read somewhere online that the concentration of BPA that they exposed rats to was thousands of times higher than that a human being would be exposed to from their water bottle.

I will continue to drink from my #7 water bottles...

Soooooooo yeah Rats and mice geta lot of diseases that we as humans do not get bc we are upright. Just like the whole aspartame thing. They can't even taste aspartame first and foremost and it was given at astronomical levels, but all of the effects were due to the fact that they are fourlegged.

lol you guys! I just wont use anything that might add a little chemical to my drink. yuck! Chemicals really freak me out. Yes alot of things are cancer causing but its not like you're going to bend down and take a big huff out of a tailpipe while the car is running! some things are unavoidable, this is not. :biggrin: