Boy's haircut prices?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Just wondering what people pay to have their son's haircut? And, do you bring him to an old fashioned barber shop, salon or a special kid's hair cutting place?

2. My son is 3 1/2 and we started taking him to Peek-a-Do, which is a haircut place for kids. They have fun chairs, movies playing, etc. but they are over-priced and the haircuts were terrible. I finally wised up and just took him to a Great Clips. It was the best $10 I've ever spent! Hands down best haircut, unbeatable price, and super-fast service. We'll be going back every time.

3. I took my son a few times to Snipits but it was expensive. I would invest in a electric clipper with attachments , comb and scissors and just do it yourself. I cut both of my kids hair now and save money.

4. Both my husband and my son go to the same salon that I to go.

It costs around £7 for my son (about US$10) - now if only it were the same for me! LOL!!

5. For my first son I cut his hair until he was 3. Then I took him to a barber. My youngest son is TERRIFIED of getting his haircut, so I went to cartoon cuts and paid the extra plus HUGE tips for the screaming child. I tried doing it at home, thinking he would be less anxious, but he was just as bad and I was afraid I would poke his eye out with the scissors. FINALLY the last two haircuts he doesn't scream, but now it TICKLES and he squirms all over the place...

6. I am a hairstylist (I had to quit about a month ago though), I charge $25 for a little boys haircut. Sometimes I don't think that is enough, especially when kids go crazy with all the screaming and squirming! Parents usually give me a pretty generous tip with bad kids, since it is HARD to do a good job when the kid won't sit still.

7. After watching a professional cut my boys' hair once, I knew I could do an equally good job myself. I now trim their fringe by hand (so it doesn't get too short) and then used clipper attachments on the rest. I leave the top a bit longer than the sides and back. No one can tell I cut it myself. But for young children, a professional is just as apt to make a mistake with the amount of squirming a child can do, so I see no point in paying to have it done.

8. my boys go to the same place my dh does...and i think their cuts are $9-$10. not bad....i wouldn't pay more than that though. there is a place in the mall that charges that much to trim bangs and then 3x that much to cut hair. :Push:

9. around 8 bucks.

10. Hubby cuts our sons hair. Our son has a really short buzz cut and DH does an amazing job making him look adorable!