Boyfriends/Husbands and Strip Clubs

Good for you Swaknymama!!

I am so against them, sorry but if you want to fantasize about other women then we shouldn't be married. Period. I don't feel the need to see naked men, and I don't understand how it could benefit a relationship in anyway. I want a man who is respectful and commited, who feels that he has found the person he wants and he needs to look no further! Nothing good an come of it in my opinion.

By the way, Maxim's are also out! lol

Danica said:
By the way, Maxim's are also out! lol

I am learning to live with Maxim and FHM :shame: I remember liking one issue that had Jenny McCarthy on the cover, she's hot :graucho: Oh, and another one that had LeeAnn Tweeden, some sportscaster girl, on there. Holy wow, she was so pretty! I almost asked the bf to tape her pictures on the walls :shame:

What I can't stand about those magazines are those dumb college co-eds that are plastered all over the place. I hate those pull out quotes they use. "I love to participate in wet T-shirt contests!" Sure you do, honey :rolleyes: :P

i've got a confession to make: i have a subscription to maxim. it's a really excellent magazine! i'm a magazine journalism major. it's sooooo funny and bold, i love it.

I think my husband has gone to one maybe 6 times over the course of our relationship/marriage (that is 19 years now). And, each time he went, with the exception of once, it was for an occasion (ie-birthday party, bachelor party). The one time he went just for the h-ck of it, he was with our BIL (who is married to his eldest sister). They went for a drink after seeing a baseball game-it seems my BIL goes quite often.

I know women who are totally against it and would leave in a heartbeat if their hubby/boyfriend even went just for a bachelor party-personally, I don't care. It's no big deal to me. It's not like he is sleeping around or making passes at these women-and considering how few times he has gone (and again, it was for occasions and he has always been open about it), I could care less. Now-if he went all the time-that would be a different story.

Oh-and I don't see how it is a reflection on how respectful and committed he is to our marriage-my husband is very committed to our marriage and in 19 years has never given me any reason at all to doubt him or his fidelity.

Strip clubs don't bother me. If it were to become a regular thing... maybe. But a once in a while trip... oh well. Nowadays it's just as easy for a guy to hook up with a stripper as it is for him to hook up with someone at the local supermarket. I don't worry about the potential harm in going to a place until I have a reason to.

The guy I'm dating now... he's a poker player... for a living. I can't stand it! I'd almost rather see him spend his time at a strip club than at a poker table or traveling around the world for silly poker. But, even with this scenerio... no harm yet so I'm not going to worry.

I used to take my ex-fiance to see (female) strippers!!! I have no problem at all about my boyfriend going to see a stripper. One female stripper actually gave ME a lap dance when I was there with my fiance!!! I almost died!

I just don't see the harm in my boyfriend looking at beautiful (naked) women. Big deal if they're naked. We all have the same stuff. I actually used to buy my fiance Playboy magazine too.

Maybe it's just because I'm comfortable with myself; I have no clue. I used to say to my ex, "have fun looking at the strippers. Let me know if any of them have boobs as big as mine"!!!:lol:

I am very secure in my marriage and if my husband wanted to go to a strip club, that would be fine. BUT BUT BUT I didn't marry someone who would want to go. I think that if you are a man, in a committed relationship, who is mature, you don't want to go ENOUGH to disrupt the balance.

After living in LA and Tokyo, I have no problem with strippers, clubs or lapdances. I was a manager for years and still have alot of friends in the "industry". Most of the girls I worked with are now married, paid for their education, ect. Sure there are the sad stories as well, but most of the people I know we're smart and had a goal, not a habit. I still continue to go to clubs, usually in mixed company, batchelor parties these days are guy and girl, which makes it more fun for both. Instead of wondering what the other party is up too. You should always judge the person, I sure wouldn't want a lying, cheating guy, but not every patron is like that. My hubby isn't a cheating scumbag just because he is in a club, it is how he behaves in there that counts. Anybody who wants to cheat, will, and usually does it more discreetly, not in a public place. I love a good club, music, atmo, and most people are just there to have fun!

I don't mind if my husband goes to strip clubs, I go to strip clubs all the time with my girlfriends, it's clean fun!

The thing is you have to be secure of yourself! I once offered a stripper $500 to try to give my husband an erection! "can I say that here" :lol:
He told me they don't do anything for him and that he would prove it! I took him up on the test and felt kinda silly. She tried ALMOST everything and didn't succeed! It was a great laugh and I gave her a fifty so not to make her feel bad, she told me in my ear "your husband really loves you and it seems there's only one woman that can turn him on, your very lucky" Then when she left my husband told me I can move so much better than her. Needless to say I was the only woman to give my husband an erection that night!

See if it would have been me I wouldn't have passed that test, shhhh, ... don't tell my husband!

I find every woman has a diferent outlook to this. If your husband or boyfreind goes to strip clubs every day or every weekend this would be a problem and it would be something to sit down and talk about. A bachlor party you can't get mad for at. Every guy deserves to get drunk outta his mind and have some clean fun, you just have to know that at the end of the night he's comming home to you.

No decent man would actually date a stripper because they know what lot of them do and wouldn't be comfortable living with that in his mind.