Boyfriend / oversized coats - trend or classic?

It's a trend right now but also a classic style. Sometime it's so cold you just need a big coat to huddle inside and layers underneath.

The Olsen twins do big coats well and a number of film stars in old movies, blanked on names right now. Think anyone can wear oversized but the rest of the outfit has to be stylish & thought out.

I'd be lost without my big coats such as Issey Miyaki and Celine but have to edit carefully to avoid the swamped bag lady look.

I love oversized coats and I don't care if they are trendy or not.

I consider a luxurious, oversized coat a classic item. They're very glamorous, in my opinion, for example:

PtHodwi.jpg

I'm a fan of oversize coats & jackets.. they have a look when worn with a leggings
or skinny/classic pants..

I love oversized coats, I own a few myself! To me the look is classic, if done right

Can be both, im leaning towards trendy. Depends. I have 2 or 3 of them that ive had for years, they are comfy and great to layer. But then again, sometimes it can be you look bigger than you are. I do like how Isabel Marant does them though.

A trend but I'm keeping mine. I remember watching some old movies with the actresses wearing oversized coats and I thought they looked great, elegant even. Those huge coats emphasize their dainty appearance.

I agree with all of you, LOL! It's a trend only because it has enjoyed a popularity surge in recent years, but it's also a classic because women have been wearing oversized coats for a few generations now. I, too, particularly like how Isabel Marant and Celine do the oversized coat -- the proportions are perfect. The key is to pair a big coat with slim-line bottoms and a heel, if possible. So chic!