Boycotted Ebay - Swarovski Ring Faisco

This chick from South America messaged me asking what price of shipping would be to her (I checked Canada Post/UPS/Fedex etc) If she wanted the original box and certificate then Canada Post would be 36$ cheapest shipping option, without tracking etc, so the risk would be hers.

I shipped it out Canada Post that day, sent her a copy of my reciept showing how much it costed (39$ in the end) No insurance because she asked me to low-ball value to not get duty

a few days go by, she's FREAKING out because she hasn't gotten it yet, I tell her it's probably going to take a while cuz she lives a far ways away.

A few weeks go by, and shes demanding her $ back, I said no, because there is no way I'm going to be out my ring and the $ ... and to be patient, it had been 14 days by this point ...

Her next step was getting ebay involved, demanding a refund, I fought it, but in the end Ebay sided with her and gave her her $back, then now they're trying to get it out of me ... it took them HOURS to side with her not even asking my side ... and I got pissed cuz I could have just SAID that about any of my purchases, and gotten a refund ... all this chick had to do was ask ...

what makes me mad, is that maybe just maybe the ring showed up the next day, or the day after, and I'm out a ring and $ ....

I closed my Paypal and Ebay account that day cuz they're not getting a dime out of me ... (I know I know it's only 51$ ... ) :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:
You made several mistakes for which you have to accept responsibility.

1. You can't say that the "risk is her's" if there's no tracking. As a seller, it YOUR responsibility to be able to prove delivery or she'll win the INR automatically. (And that's what happened.) Even if she did receive the package but lied about not receiving it, without tracking, you have no way of proving it.

2. Whether or not you insure the package is your decision. Sellers can't charge buyers for insurance anyway so if you don't insure and the package is lost, again, that's your loss because you chose not to pay for insurance.

3. Under-declaring the value of the item to defraud customs of fees is illegal and puts you and the buyer at risk. When you ship an international package and declare a value, you sign the form stating that your info is true so lying on a customs form (legal document) is perjury. And the customs office can also go after the recipient.

In the future, if you can't afford to be out the money for a lost package, pay whatever the price is for fully trackable shipping and insurance. And don't lie on customs forms.

OP what's done is done. The best you can do now is get that money to Paypal before they send collection agencies after you, potentially damaging your credit rating.

I would also politely email the buyer, accept responsibility for the mistakes you made as a rookie and that you understand the situation now. And that if and when the ring arrives she must let you know so you can be refunded.

If she does have the ring and the money, you need to kill with kindness and salvage what you can here.

The shipping debacles and uncertainties are exactly why I no longer purchase from or ship internationally other than CA and England.

I had my bad exp. w/ an item from Italy, notorious for botching up the mail.

To be honest, I know you're mad, but just pay back the $16 (and the shipping cost, too, if they included that) and be done with it. I know it sucks, but this was your mistake, and the others have given you some great advice for your next sale (if you choose to).

Sorry to hear this...but several years ago I bought a ring that did not come, so seller refunded. No insurance. About 2 months later it showed up. So I resent the $. It's only fair since it came that I pay for it or return it, right?

Maybe it will work out.