Which do you prefer?

• Reissue 225 GHW

Votes: 73 66.4%
  • Boy Old Medium GHW

Votes: 37 33.6%

• Total voters

chanelliel

Feb 6, 2019
So I'm deciding on my next bag.. and I've decided it should be a classic black + gold hardware combination. Problem is, I love both the reissue 225 and the old medium boy in this style. I do tend to dress more edgy chic / minimalist so both bags fit the repertoire.

My current collection:
20C Navy Medium Classic Flap
20A So Black Reissue Mini
17B Burgundy Lambskin Mini Flap
19C Tblue WOC

Now, I know they're both timeless and classic in their black/ghw combination .. but here's where I'd like all of your opinions! Which do YOU like more? Your favourite thing about it? Any cons? Which would hold up better in a scenario when I keep it forever, literally to my grave?

Last edited:
reissue, hands down!
I often thought about buying a boy, but I never did...
there is something about the reissue design that I can’t explain...
it’s subtle, elegant and classic...
and it’s THE bag for me...
and besides that: I see many people carrying a boy...so, another reason to go for the reissue...
:smile:
Ahh same! I always think about buying a boy but end up with something else...

i agree about trying to be different! Maybe the reissue in black... and the boy in some other colour

I vote for the boy because 1. you already own a reissue 2. the boy’s aesthetics fits your edgy style 3. in Caviar you can take it to your grave as you say and 4. it’s always been on your wishlist.

I personally love my old medium boy because I love the casual edgy style. I always feel cool when I’m wearing it as opposed to the reissue where I feel casual and relaxed like the distressed leather vibe.

HTH!

Reactions: XCCX and chanelliel
I vote for the boy because 1. you already own a reissue 2. the boy’s aesthetics fits your edgy style 3. in Caviar you can take it to your grave as you say and 4. it’s always been on your wishlist.

I personally love my old medium boy because I love the casual edgy style. I always feel cool when I’m wearing it as opposed to the reissue where I feel casual and relaxed like the distressed leather vibe.

HTH!
Thanks for your input!! I didn't think about the vibe of each... I definitely see the reissue as more casual, similar to a classic flap. The boy would totally make me feel more badass if you know what I mean.

Reactions: mtstmichel
I have a love affair with my reissues so I was going to suggest that, but given you already have the so black and a navy classic flap, I think those two cover you for all situations you would theoretically use the GHW reissue. The boy adds nice variety and a new shape/size!

Reactions: chanelliel
I have a love affair with my reissues so I was going to suggest that, but given you already have the so black and a navy classic flap, I think those two cover you for all situations you would theoretically use the GHW reissue. The boy adds nice variety and a new shape/size!
right.. that's a good point too haha I have two of the classic flap shape, boy would be different. But I have a feeling I'll get the boy and I'll also have an affair with the reissue

The only hardware color I like for the Boy Bag is ruthenium (which I have and I love it!). Ruthenium softens the bold look of the Boy’s hardware. Boy has a very in your face look so with gold hardware it’s just too much.

For gold hardware - my choice would be the Reissue. A black Reissue with gold hardware is classic!

HTH!

I couldn’t have said it better! Except the comparison with the reissue since I don’t own one.

I voted for the boy bag but I’m biased. I have 2 and love them SO much! Very comfortable to carry (Very lightweight) and looks great, edgy yet still classic looking .. it’s the best casual version of a classic Chanel flap in my opinion. I don’t mind getting more!

The only hardware color I like for the Boy Bag is ruthenium (which I have and I love it!). Ruthenium softens the bold look of the Boy’s hardware. Boy has a very in your face look so with gold hardware it’s just too much.

For gold hardware - my choice would be the Reissue. A black Reissue with gold hardware is classic!

I love reading other people’s opinions, so interesting and fun! I am the opposite in that I LOVE the gold on the boy, I know it’s too much but I LOVE too much gold lol ruthenium is stunning too!

I love reading other people’s opinions, so interesting and fun! I am the opposite in that I LOVE the gold on the boy, I know it’s too much but I LOVE too much gold lol ruthenium is stunning too!
I agree! I love seeing what other people think/how they view certain bags. The ruthenium does tone down the black a bit but for some reason I love the pop of gold as well! I definitely go through phases of liking ruthenium vs gold more haha.

On a boy, the gold makes it look more classy and the ruthenium makes it look more edgy, imo! In comparison, on a reissue the gold is more classy but the ruthenium just looks more subtle and I have a so black for the subtle-ness hence why I leaned toward gold!

Reactions: XCCX
I couldn’t have said it better! Except the comparison with the reissue since I don’t own one.

I voted for the boy bag but I’m biased. I have 2 and love them SO much! Very comfortable to carry (Very lightweight) and looks great, edgy yet still classic looking .. it’s the best casual version of a classic Chanel flap in my opinion. I don’t mind getting more!
This is different, I've never thought of it as a casual alternative but I totally see where that's coming from! I've definitely got a romanticized view of it as like, a night out or an edgy brunch outfit kinda bag. I like the idea of it being casual! then I can use it more

Just curious, I've heard of issues with boys and the bottom sagging, though I think this only happens in the lambskin - how has yours held up with wear and tear?

This is different, I've never thought of it as a casual alternative but I totally see where that's coming from! I've definitely got a romanticized view of it as like, a night out or an edgy brunch outfit kinda bag. I like the idea of it being casual! then I can use it more

Just curious, I've heard of issues with boys and the bottom sagging, though I think this only happens in the lambskin - how has yours held up with wear and tear?

I haven’t had any issues yet. I don’t carry much and never stuff my bags so I’m sure that helps in maintaining the shape. I just ordered some organizers and will see if they’re a good idea to use in these smaller bags but I got them mainly to keep the bags in shape (even during storage) and maintain them clean. I think it’ll help in preventing the sagging too. Mine are both caviar leather :smile:

Mine is in lambskin. I’ve had it for two years and use it once a month if that. I don’t stuff my bag and I am not careless with it. So far there is no sagging but the corners do show wear. I considered getting an organizer for our but I don’t want to reduce the capacity and unnecessary weight however little. Besides, the interior is fabric and not leather so less fragile.