Which do you prefer?

• Reissue 225 GHW

Votes: 71 66.4%
  • Boy Old Medium GHW

Votes: 36 33.6%

• Total voters

chanelliel

Feb 6, 2019
So I'm deciding on my next bag.. and I've decided it should be a classic black + gold hardware combination. Problem is, I love both the reissue 225 and the old medium boy in this style. I do tend to dress more edgy chic / minimalist so both bags fit the repertoire.

My current collection:
20C Navy Medium Classic Flap
20A So Black Reissue Mini
17B Burgundy Lambskin Mini Flap
19C Tblue WOC

Now, I know they're both timeless and classic in their black/ghw combination .. but here's where I'd like all of your opinions! Which do YOU like more? Your favourite thing about it? Any cons? Which would hold up better in a scenario when I keep it forever, literally to my grave?

Last edited:

MilesAway2015

Jan 1, 2015
reissue, hands down!
I often thought about buying a boy, but I never did...
there is something about the reissue design that I can’t explain...
it’s subtle, elegant and classic...
and it’s THE bag for me...
and besides that: I see many people carrying a boy...so, another reason to go for the reissue...
:smile:

chanelliel

Feb 6, 2019
reissue, hands down!
I often thought about buying a boy, but I never did...
there is something about the reissue design that I can’t explain...
it’s subtle, elegant and classic...
and it’s THE bag for me...
and besides that: I see many people carrying a boy...so, another reason to go for the reissue...
:smile:
Ahh same! I always think about buying a boy but end up with something else...

i agree about trying to be different! Maybe the reissue in black... and the boy in some other colour

mtstmichel

O.G.
Aug 26, 2008
US
I vote for the boy because 1. you already own a reissue 2. the boy’s aesthetics fits your edgy style 3. in Caviar you can take it to your grave as you say and 4. it’s always been on your wishlist.

I personally love my old medium boy because I love the casual edgy style. I always feel cool when I’m wearing it as opposed to the reissue where I feel casual and relaxed like the distressed leather vibe.

HTH!

Reactions: XCCX and chanelliel

chanelliel

Feb 6, 2019
I vote for the boy because 1. you already own a reissue 2. the boy’s aesthetics fits your edgy style 3. in Caviar you can take it to your grave as you say and 4. it’s always been on your wishlist.

I personally love my old medium boy because I love the casual edgy style. I always feel cool when I’m wearing it as opposed to the reissue where I feel casual and relaxed like the distressed leather vibe.

HTH!
Thanks for your input!! I didn't think about the vibe of each... I definitely see the reissue as more casual, similar to a classic flap. The boy would totally make me feel more badass if you know what I mean.

Reactions: mtstmichel

ItsPurseonal

Jan 2, 2020
I have a love affair with my reissues so I was going to suggest that, but given you already have the so black and a navy classic flap, I think those two cover you for all situations you would theoretically use the GHW reissue. The boy adds nice variety and a new shape/size!

Reactions: chanelliel

chanelliel

Feb 6, 2019
I have a love affair with my reissues so I was going to suggest that, but given you already have the so black and a navy classic flap, I think those two cover you for all situations you would theoretically use the GHW reissue. The boy adds nice variety and a new shape/size!
right.. that's a good point too haha I have two of the classic flap shape, boy would be different. But I have a feeling I'll get the boy and I'll also have an affair with the reissue

Jun 22, 2008
NYC
The only hardware color I like for the Boy Bag is ruthenium (which I have and I love it!). Ruthenium softens the bold look of the Boy’s hardware. Boy has a very in your face look so with gold hardware it’s just too much.

For gold hardware - my choice would be the Reissue. A black Reissue with gold hardware is classic!

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009

HTH!
I couldn’t have said it better! Except the comparison with the reissue since I don’t own one.

I voted for the boy bag but I’m biased. I have 2 and love them SO much! Very comfortable to carry (Very lightweight) and looks great, edgy yet still classic looking .. it’s the best casual version of a classic Chanel flap in my opinion. I don’t mind getting more!

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
The only hardware color I like for the Boy Bag is ruthenium (which I have and I love it!). Ruthenium softens the bold look of the Boy’s hardware. Boy has a very in your face look so with gold hardware it’s just too much.

For gold hardware - my choice would be the Reissue. A black Reissue with gold hardware is classic!
I love reading other people’s opinions, so interesting and fun! I am the opposite in that I LOVE the gold on the boy, I know it’s too much but I LOVE too much gold lol ruthenium is stunning too!

chanelliel

Feb 6, 2019
I love reading other people’s opinions, so interesting and fun! I am the opposite in that I LOVE the gold on the boy, I know it’s too much but I LOVE too much gold lol ruthenium is stunning too!
I agree! I love seeing what other people think/how they view certain bags. The ruthenium does tone down the black a bit but for some reason I love the pop of gold as well! I definitely go through phases of liking ruthenium vs gold more haha.

On a boy, the gold makes it look more classy and the ruthenium makes it look more edgy, imo! In comparison, on a reissue the gold is more classy but the ruthenium just looks more subtle and I have a so black for the subtle-ness hence why I leaned toward gold!

Reactions: XCCX

chanelliel

Feb 6, 2019
I couldn’t have said it better! Except the comparison with the reissue since I don’t own one.

I voted for the boy bag but I’m biased. I have 2 and love them SO much! Very comfortable to carry (Very lightweight) and looks great, edgy yet still classic looking .. it’s the best casual version of a classic Chanel flap in my opinion. I don’t mind getting more!
This is different, I've never thought of it as a casual alternative but I totally see where that's coming from! I've definitely got a romanticized view of it as like, a night out or an edgy brunch outfit kinda bag. I like the idea of it being casual! then I can use it more

Just curious, I've heard of issues with boys and the bottom sagging, though I think this only happens in the lambskin - how has yours held up with wear and tear?

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
This is different, I've never thought of it as a casual alternative but I totally see where that's coming from! I've definitely got a romanticized view of it as like, a night out or an edgy brunch outfit kinda bag. I like the idea of it being casual! then I can use it more

Just curious, I've heard of issues with boys and the bottom sagging, though I think this only happens in the lambskin - how has yours held up with wear and tear?
I haven’t had any issues yet. I don’t carry much and never stuff my bags so I’m sure that helps in maintaining the shape. I just ordered some organizers and will see if they’re a good idea to use in these smaller bags but I got them mainly to keep the bags in shape (even during storage) and maintain them clean. I think it’ll help in preventing the sagging too. Mine are both caviar leather :smile:

Mar 6, 2020
What combo are you thinking for the boy? Caviar quilted with aged gold or chevron or something else? Mine is chevron lamb with shiny gold hardware which is kind of an insane in your face kinda combo but I do love it.

mtstmichel

O.G.
Aug 26, 2008
US

Mine is in lambskin. I’ve had it for two years and use it once a month if that. I don’t stuff my bag and I am not careless with it. So far there is no sagging but the corners do show wear. I considered getting an organizer for our but I don’t want to reduce the capacity and unnecessary weight however little. Besides, the interior is fabric and not leather so less fragile.