Boy troubles

Dec 18, 2015
so I have boy troubles ;)

I'm deliberating about 2 bags.

1. The first is the so black one. I haven't seen it in person but it's in order for me. I must admit I don't love it in the photos I've seen, but I'm a huge so black lover and may love it in person. I have a mini crumpled calf so black mini, medium 226 (I think) reissue, and 227 crumpled calf reissue. Kinda wanting to add a boy for completeness but wonder if it's too much duplication. When will I or would you use the boy instead of one of these?

2. I've fallen in love with a baby pink lambskin boy with gold detailing (similar to but not the same as the jacket boy) to use as an evening bag. I want a pale pink chanel and always have. This is lovely but a) is it too delicate, even for evening only use? B) is it too much of a 'young' bag? I'm in my mid thirties and feel I can get away with it now but for how long? Is it too young a style/colour combo for me either now or in the years to come? I buy my bags to be with me for many years.

Would be grateful for your advice or input xx

so I have boy troubles ;)

I'm deliberating about 2 bags.

1. The first is the so black one. I haven't seen it in person but it's in order for me. I must admit I don't love it in the photos I've seen, but I'm a huge so black lover and may love it in person. I have a mini crumpled calf so black mini, medium 226 (I think) reissue, and 227 crumpled calf reissue. Kinda wanting to add a boy for completeness but wonder if it's too much duplication. When will I or would you use the boy instead of one of these?

2. I've fallen in love with a baby pink lambskin boy with gold detailing (similar to but not the same as the jacket boy) to use as an evening bag. I want a pale pink chanel and always have. This is lovely but a) is it too delicate, even for evening only use? B) is it too much of a 'young' bag? I'm in my mid thirties and feel I can get away with it now but for how long? Is it too young a style/colour combo for me either now or in the years to come? I buy my bags to be with me for many years.

Would be grateful for your advice or input xx
Hi there,

The heart wants what the heart wants. You are most definitely not too old for a pink bag. Go for the one that makes your heart sing. If by nature you are a careful person, you should be fine. Pink though can be prone to color transfer.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
The So Black Boy is tdf! If you can find it, it is a must have!! I think it is on par with the So Black Reissues so it might be duplicative of what you already have.

The pink Boy with the gold detail is pretty but I would not wear it out at night as it is more of a "day" bag. You are NOT too old for a pink Boy, if the pink is the color that you have been dreaming of, then you should get it.

I hav several lambskin bags. I knew I'm better off w e carefree caviar. But I keep getting the lamb just cos of colors!

Well I'm almost done w lambskin now. It saddens me to see scratches, wrinkles n depuffed quilts. My hardy caviars get picked up wayyyyy more on a rushy2 day (which is all the time haha).

I've seen both bags real life. Well I got the So Black boy cos in reality, you'll see the TDF iridescent grains :heart:.

I hav a soft spot for colors always. N I see myself w colors till forever. But won't be getting anymore lambskins just Cos of colors.

Old Me: the pink lamb (n I have my joys n regrets)
New Me: the So Black grained lamb (the Boy is a totally diff style from the Reissue)

Reactions: teagongfu