Boy or Trapeze ??? Help please .

Td15xx

Mar 5, 2014
Okay I'm still on a mission to find my first designer staple black leather bag and I need your help?

Torn between the Chanel boy old med. in black caviar with ruthenium hardware or Celine Trapeze in black with silver hardware.

Which one would be the better choice?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 505
The boy is becoming a classic,is big already and from what i saw in all the fashion blogs is Gonna get even bigger.Celine is trendy if u remember the trend with the Celine luggage tote ,and now a couple of years later is so passe already. In 2 years celine is Gonna get a new IT bag and u are Gonna have 3k€ invested in a bag that is not fashionable anymore ,a bag from Celine that i am sure is Gonna stay on style is the box bag ,hope you will make the right choice.

I have both, and you should also consider how much you carry! I have the new medium boy, and Chanel SAs joke that it is "forced organization". I cannot carry both a pair of sunglasses AND an umbrella in there (along with a wallet and a phone), so it's a tough call when the weather is iffy! :smile:

That's a good point...I don't plan on using the bag for work as I have a pretty long commute via multiple subways in NYC, so I typically use my longchamp le pliage or madewell leather transport tote as work horse carry all type bags. I'm looking for a classic piece to add for going out to dinner/lunch, or shopping more leisure type bag. I used to have a speedy 30 in damier ebene which was my first designer bag but I ended up selling it because I wanted more of a classic leather bag as opposed to canvas. I have a Rebecca minkoff mini mac in black and gold which is my causal go to bag but I feel like I need something a little dressier and chic if you know what I mean.

The Boy!! I commute via subway in NYC as well and I use my boy (sometimes even for school days). It's a gorgeous head turner!!! The trapeze is great too! But the Boy is just so much better in my opinion.

Opposite here! I love both of these bags but seeing the pics above my heart skips more for the classic elegance of the trapeze. I love the handheld option as well as shoulder strap. However, in NYC...I think the boy would be fine on the subway, I'd worry more about the trapeze getting damged or losing its shape.

I have the trapeze and am planing to get the boy soon. I would choose the boy in a heart beat if i were in your position.
Good luck

Thank you Unoma, I trust your opinion, especially since you're like the celine guru. I have been now leaning more towards the boy, however, some friends I've talked to say they like the boy but feel like it will soon be out of style and that I should go for the classic flap instead ... But the boy is just so beautiful and different.