Boy bag strap

TiaraM

Aug 24, 2013
Hello
I would ideally like my boy to sit a little lower on my hip.
Had anyone changed their strap to the longer length?
I'm nervous to change it incase it stretches the opening and have noticed that once lengthened only one "toggle"? will be holding it together.
😏

Hello
I would ideally like my boy to sit a little lower on my hip.
Had anyone changed their strap to the longer length?
I'm nervous to change it incase it stretches the opening and have noticed that once lengthened only one "toggle"? will be holding it together.
😏

I asked the SA and she told me not to. I too would like the strap just a little longer. Would be keen to know if any of you ladies have tried adjusting the strap..

I asked the SA and she told me not to. I too would like the strap just a little longer. Would be keen to know if any of you ladies have tried adjusting the strap..
Hi
That's interesting, thank you. I can see why she would say that, however I am slightly annoyed at myself for not knowing beforehand. It's no biggie but just a couple of extra inches would be great has I have a longer upper body.

My NM SA told me he could send it "upstairs" and they would add another hole if I wanted but I never did because I was scared how it would end up looking. I just can't wear cross body:sad:

My NM SA told me he could send it "upstairs" and they would add another hole if I wanted but I never did because I was scared how it would end up looking. I just can't wear cross body:sad:
That's also really interesting! It may as well have come with a single piece of leather, I guess the toggles are just for show!

I think I will just keep mine as it is for now. Thanks for your feedback, it would be interesting to hear if anyone has lengthened it.

I'd love to know as well.. I passed on a boy because of how it looked cross body, and the SA told me I couldn't adjust the strap's length.

If there's a way around this, I'd love to get a Boy!

So I guess extending the strap isn't something of a concern to anyone else ! :thinking:

I have seen a Black quilted boybag for sale on ebay which has had its strap extending, now just one "toggle, popper" holding it in place which is something we'd never do.

I needed a longer strap so that i can wear it crossbody. I made the hole myself with a Knipex punch plier from Amazon, and cut a slit with a kitchen knife like how the original holes on the strap look like. It was very easy to do. I have long hair, so my hair covers the modified strap when i carry my Boy. I have no intention of selling my bag, so I figured that it's my bag, I should do whatever I want so that the bag caters to my needs. Lol

Attachments

• 1412378030042.jpg
    1412378030042.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 869
  • 1412378040442.jpg
    1412378040442.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 866
Reactions: Yinb and EZLN
So I guess extending the strap isn't something of a concern to anyone else ! :thinking:

I have seen a Black quilted boybag for sale on ebay which has had its strap extending, now just one "toggle, popper" holding it in place which is something we'd never do.

I'm still confused why this is bad. Please explain (I don't have a boy but am thinking about one). Thanks.

I needed a longer strap so that i can wear it crossbody. I made the hole myself with a Knipex punch plier from Amazon, and cut a slit with a kitchen knife like how the original holes on the strap look like. It was very easy to do. I have long hair, so my hair covers the modified strap when i carry my Boy. I have no intention of selling my bag, so I figured that it's my bag, I should do whatever I want so that the bag caters to my needs. Lol

thats awesome…but i dunno if i have the balls to do it. An extra inch is all i need. Is the one 'bolt' strong enough to hold the bag up? Would you have preferred to have two?

thats awesome…but i dunno if i have the balls to do it. An extra inch is all i need. Is the one 'bolt' strong enough to hold the bag up? Would you have preferred to have two?

My Boy is an old medium, so it can't carry a lot. I wore it yesterday and loaded it up with all that i need to carry with me. I don't foresee any problems with having just one bolt holding the strap.

You can also bring it to a cobbler who deals with handbags to get the hole done if u r afraid of doing it yourself.

My Boy is an old medium, so it can't carry a lot. I wore it yesterday and loaded it up with all that i need to carry with me. I don't foresee any problems with having just one bolt holding the strap.

You can also bring it to a cobbler who deals with handbags to get the hole done if u r afraid of doing it yourself.
Thanks for sharing!
It looks completely professional and I doubt anyone would notice. I am guessing that if it was lengthened less you could still get both poppers in the holes?

:idea:

Thanks for sharing!
It looks completely professional and I doubt anyone would notice. I am guessing that if it was lengthened less you could still get both poppers in the holes?

:idea:

Yes, if it was lengthened less, u can get both poppers in the holes. Just make sure that u measure the distance between the poppers before u punch the additional hole.