Boy Bag chain - is this normal?

justnewyork

Sofa King Banned
Jan 18, 2019
Hello everyone. I wanted everyone to take a look at the chain of my Boy Bag.

I noticed how one of the chain links looks off and misaligned- please take a look at the attached photos to see what I mean.

So is it normal for Boy bag chains to look like that and to have one links to be misaligned? While the “misalignment” may seem invisible to most people, I get a little bothered every time I see it.

If this is not normal, should I have the chain replaced/fixed?

This Boy Bag was purchased at Chanel in Harrod’s London right before the price increase. If it needs to be replaced/fixed - I actually live in New York and have no plans of going back to London any time soon. Do you think Chanel in NYC will repair the chain for me?

Thank you and I appreciate all your feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_1756.JPG
    IMG_1756.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1757.jpg
    IMG_1757.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 348
Can you just turn/spin this link so it has the same alignment as the others? I do notice that one looks a little more open than the others too, might just need to be pinched a little if it bothers you. Wouldn't hurt to take to your local Chanel and ask.

That looks so wield. Sorry to say it. You should replace/fixed in NYC. I bought one in Canada during my trip, had a problem, and the headquarter tried to resolve the problem internationally. I believe that they can. That's not your fault, but their quality control problem.

Can you just turn/spin this link so it has the same alignment as the others? I do notice that one looks a little more open than the others too, might just need to be pinched a little if it bothers you. Wouldn't hurt to take to your local Chanel and ask.

I tried to turn it but it didn’t have enough space so it wasn’t successful. I’ll bring it to a local Chanel.

Reactions: DreamingBeauty
That looks so wield. Sorry to say it. You should replace/fixed in NYC. I bought one in Canada during my trip, had a problem, and the headquarter tried to resolve the problem internationally. I believe that they can. That's not your fault, but their quality control problem.

I’m glad that I can get it fixed locally. How long did the repair take? I hope it’s not forever. Were they successful with the repair?

I keep reading about Chanel’s poor quality and I can’t believe I experienced it with my bag myself. Ugh.

I’m glad that I can get it fixed locally. How long did the repair take? I hope it’s not forever. Were they successful with the repair?

I keep reading about Chanel’s poor quality and I can’t believe I experienced it with my bag myself. Ugh.

I contacted the boutique in Canada first and they arranged the free return internationally since it was within the return period. I think that you should contact the boutique in London that you purchased from. They should have some suggestions for you.